My dad blames everything on my rabbits.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do your parents/family do this?

• Yes, all the time.

• Yes, sometimes.

• Hardly ever.

• No, never.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
When I got sick for a couple days. Guess who he blamed? My rabbits.

When my mom gets a migraine.. who does he blame? The buns.

ETC.

Anyone else's parents/family do this? :p

I mean, I guess i understand where he is coming from, since my rabbits all are in my room (mind you, my room is pretty large). BUUUT. DON'T BLAME MY BABIES <3

Nope. Even when I lived with my parents, the pets never got blamed. My bad sleeping habits got blamed a few times though, since I stayed up until 7am a lot of days. :p

When I lived with my mother she hated my rabbit so she blamed him for everything bad that happened around the house. Then she got a bun that she loved so he was 'hers' and he was a house bun. He ended up chewing through the tv power cord. Now every time she brings it up she says it was my rabbit who did it. :rollseyes

Thankfully my hubby isn't dumb enough to blame any of our animals for anything. It's either his fault or it didn't happen. :rofl:

I feel your pain. My rabbits get blamed for my allergies too. I've always had allergies and sinus problems. I had problems even without pets. They got blamed for my financial problems (not by me). Did that all by myself. No help needed there. This coming from my mother who doesn't even live with me. Whatever.

pla725 wrote:
I feel your pain. My rabbits get blamed for my allergies too. I've always had allergies and sinus problems. I had problems even without pets. They got blamed for my financial problems (not by me). Did that all by myself. No help needed there. This coming from my mother who doesn't even live with me. Whatever.
I understand it's the parents' job to look after their kids, but my mother does this as well and it's incredibly irritating and unnecessary. I don't understand the need to constantly make negative comments about how we live and how we have too many pets and how I'm not as good with money as so-n-so. Then she'll turn around and say I should have the money to drive across the country to pick up my sister who dug herself such a deep grave she's facing homelessness and how I'm no better than my sister if I can't do so. I pay my rent on time every month, so I'm not seeing how that's a fair comparison.

Sorry, but it's my life. Everyone else can just buzz off.

My ex husband always blamed the animals for EVERYTHING. Thankfully I got rid of him (thanks to his doing!) and now have a wonderful boyfriend who never blames the furkids. Sawyer even peed on his shirt today and ruined it, and he didn't blame him (or me) at all :).

My dad blames the rabbit for chewing the walls and cords. But we know she is doing it. We have new doors downstairs there not up yet there leaning up against the wall and my mom is accusing her of chewing it because there are chew marks are like 10 feet up. There aren't even chew marks it just looks like some minor moving damage.

Now that we are fixing the house my mom is finding one excuse after another to blame the rabbit. If she wants the rabbit out she will have to take her from my cold dead fingers.

My husband and the kids dont but my parents do when they visit. My Mom as come in and said woah the rabbits stink in here you need to get rid of them and I am like actually I am in the middle of changing a poopy diaper so unless the rabbits pooped in my youngest's diaper they dont deserve the blame. Same with colds if anyone of us has a cold my Mom will say something about how the rabbits are making us sick or maybe it is just all the germs the kids bring home from school??? lol

nope, my mom loves my buns as much as I do lol, she complains hwne Peepers is bad, so I do something about it(like making her play area smaller etc..) then my mom pouts at peepers sad face, whines that she will watch her and lets Peepers have free run anyway lol.

every year I get a dry cough thats lasts for months, people dry to blame it on all my pets....I have a differnt theory...the problem is clean air lol, not even kidding! when I go anywhere that has few to no animals around my coughing gets so bad that I almost cant breath,(these are the situations people notice I even have a cough)OTH at home where have over 100 animals, and at work(a kennel) I cough so little that hardly anyone even notices I have a cough.thats not my animals fault..my animals are HELPING darn it!!

Well first off, my parents do not like my type of pets. Sure, my cat isn't blamed for anything(they like cats), but certainly the buns and turtles are(they don't like rabbits or turtles, they think they should be outdoor pets only) for many stupid things!

When ever there's a wet spot on the carpet - "I told you to keep those rabbits in the cage!" - The buns were in their cages!

When their dog sheds, it's ok, but when Mr. Bun Bun sheds, they moan and complain about it, when Bun Bun stays in my room(Their dog roams the whole house. We often find dog hair in our food when he sheds, stupid dog.).

A broken wire - The rabbits did it.
Any black things on the carpet - "Clean up that poop!"
Injuries on the dogs - Mr. Bun Bun did it(he has, but that's only when the dogs bother him, it's not his fault, he's a 5 lbs. bunny trying to defend himself against something larger than him).
If something smells in my room - The rabbits did it.

Yup. My parents blame "the kids" for everything. I have a closed tupperware of hay and a close tupperware of rabbit food in my living room. Yet, my mother claims to "smell hay". 1: How could she possibly smell it? 2: Fresh hay smells good!

My mum doesn't blame the rabbits since they are outside buns, but my dog... oh EVERYTHING is her fault! Even though she's outside during most the day, and sleeps in the bathroom at night.

My parents will blame my dog for things that their dog does all the time. My dog gets blamed for everything. If there is something chewed? My dog... Even if the bite marks are 1/4 the size.

My bunny stays in mine and Stephen's room so there isn't any problem with him at all.

When ever my mom smells something "stinky" in my room(when my room doesn't stink at all, unless there's a reason, like food or smelly shoes), she's like "Ewww! Bun Bun must of put out that scent again!" While Bun Bun does sometimes release an musky odor, when ever my mom complains, there's nothing stinky going on. I know what that bunny musk smells like.

I bet if I dropped a cigarette on the carpet in my room, she would argue with me on weather it's the smoke or Bun Bun's scent that smelled bad.

In my opinion this has nothing to do with your rabbits and everything to do with your relationship with your father.
If I was in your place, I would get something nice like a cookie or a piece of cake, put it on a plate on the dining room table, and include a note similar to this:

Dear Dad
I love you and I'm lucky to have a Dad like you. I'm growing up and trying to find my way in the world. I want us to be able to talk about stuff and share our feelings.
I'm learning to love other people and critters although I'll never love anyone as much as I love my family, but I love my bunny. It hurts me when you blame bunny for all sorts of stuff.
I'm trying my best Dad. Please help me. Blaming and fussing will come between us, let's talk and find ways we can all be happy.
Love,
Your Daughter

My husband is not a huge fan of the bunnies other than Kerensa who he likes a lot. He usually tolerates them fine, sometimes actively likes them (kisses them, pets them, etc) and sometimes doesn't like them. He's never blamed them for something they didn't actually do though :D Well, Rory bit me hard enough to leave a scar 3 years ago and he still hasn't forgiven him for it but he still pets him and stuff. Just calls him the other word for a donkey a lot :D

Latest posts

Back