My Cutest Bunny Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ringer

Reaction score
One story I keep remembering as I fondly remember my litter of babies is when they were about 3 weeks old. I set out a big plate of baby lettuce, dark. Momma was starved and dug right in. The babies wern't shy and tried their best to sample the goodies. Everyone had a piece of lettuce in their mouth and were trying their best to chew and eat it. Starry had a long piece and it was dangling out and she was just gnawing on the end. Mama Ringer was starved, as I said, no more lettuce was left and she stole the long part hanging from baby Starry's mouth. I have never seen anything so funny. Starry wasn't even aware she had been shortchanged! I later learned to give Momma her own plate but that was hysterical.

I also used to grate carrots really fine for the babies, but momma preferred hers sliced. Oh man were they so cute.

Another story that makes me smile is my daddy bunny Brownie. He plays ball! I don't mean that he rolls it back if I aim it at him. He rolls the ball all over the porch and runs along with it. He does circles and even around objects. he even knows to get behind it and push if it gets stuck somewhere. It is the cutest darn thing. You gotta love him when you watch this. Does any other bunny play ball in this way?

Poor baby lost her lettuce!! LOL!

Yes, Tony plays ball like that too! We just about crack up when he does it!

He's also funny cause he thinks he's still tiny. He tries to fit into small boxes and cannot get his head through! He will look at it like "what has changed?!" and try again LOL!

my rabbits don't appreciate the nice colourful big ball i gave them :(

but stealing food, now that's another story! there are nights when Buttons can't seem to stop stealing vege from Yohji.. he tries to keep his mouth close to the floor and she makes such a huge effort to nudge her way through to get at whatever he's eating :devil poor guy, but its always funny to watch her being a nasty little girl!!

HAHA the story about the boxes is funny. I remember when the babies were growing by leaps and bounds. They could fit under the door into the linen closet for awhile and would all sleep in a pile in there. Mama would sit outside the door and try and figure how to get in. After awhile they were too big to fit and they would try and burrough in. Only problem was the floor was tile, not dirt. LOL

somebunny wrote:
my rabbits don't appreciate the nice colourful big ball i gave them :(
Only the boy bunny plays the game with the ball. Ringie tries but isn't any good at it. We attribute Brownie's skill to his 24/7 viewing of ESPN and any sports channel when he wasa baby staying in my son's room.

DSC00063.jpg

Ringer and baby Starry.

Ringie's coat has since reverted back to pure gray with the white necklace. She was fading out here. Must have been a result of childbirth.

screensaver-1.jpg

Ringer and baby Inky. Another black one, Jasper is in background. The black babies were so soft and silky and their fur was so thick and shiny. Beautiful.

Ringer is GORGEOUS! so are the babies!

Great bunny baby story - BO: He hopped across the wood floor and to a paper plate we had put down for him with some food or something. Well, he was going pretty fast and hit the paper plate........ he went flying across the floor reminding us of the sledding scene from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacations.... ZOoooooooooom!

We thought this little bunny would now be terrified of paper plates.. but before we could even go scoop him up to reassure him, he bounded around the room and hit the paper plate again....... he was hardwood surfing...... :D

LOL at Bo's adventure! I was LMAO at the way the babies almost fly through the air when they start running around. The mama would sit there with head bobbing back and forth watching them run in all directions. Sounds like Bo really loved the paper plate riding. LOL Mine would fly through the air and stop on a dime.

Those are some great memories. I wish I had taken more pics. They grew so fast. I used to laugh at how the size of the mound grew as they slept together. It was a teeny baby mound in the beginning and after awhile it was a big mountain. Ah those sweetie pies.

Latest posts

Back