My Crazy Fur Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnychild

Julia
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I thought I would start a blog for my buns :clapping: I have nine of my own and six foster babies. I have eight jersey woollies, and a french lop who is their "mascot". My oldest rabbit is Willow, he is a kind of ugly chestnut agouti but has the most beautiful children and a heart of gold. Shadow is top momma, she is a Siamese sable. Her daughter is Kiaya a REW sweetie. I have a trio of black otters, Hooligan, Rascal, and Imp, and as their names suggest they are little trouble makers. My youngest jerseys are Ranon and Mims (they are currently asleep on my lap) Imagine perfect sibling love and you have these two cuties. Ranon is a chestnut agouti like his daddy, and Mims is another black otter.
Now the Mascot of the group is Big Louis, he is big, lazy and so sweet. He is also a little to brave for his own good :headsmack
Then I have the foster babies, they are four days old. I didn't name them since they aren't mine. Kiaya is the one feeding them. Here they are:
2vs2po4.jpg

Today was so hot! My dad and I spent most of it outside working on rabbit set up, in the shade it was 80 and in the sun it was 95.
I lost two foster babies last night and one this afternoon :cry4: The other three seem to be doing well though.
I will be buying several more cages this week. The rabbitry is expanding :upsidedown:
The fair is 2 weeks away :rofl: I am so excited! my mom and I are renting an RV so we can stay at the fair grounds. My best friends, Bailey and Lauren are going to stay with us. And my best friend in rabbits will be right next to us in their camper. six of my nine will be in the fair. Shadow, Kiaya, Hooligan, Rascal, Imp, and Big Louis. The other three are staying with me at the RV.

2ew38r4.jpg

A lovely picture of Shadow when I got her.

I hope you do well at the fair!:goodluck

My fair is at the end of august! Still a month and a half to go! :bunnydance: This will be my first year showing rabbits! I hope I do good! :happybunny:

I love playing with all of these smileys... XD :cool:

Well, I lost the foster babies.:bawl:
My brother got his wisdom teeth taken out today. He is kinda loopy :D
I tried to see whether Ranon and Mims are boys or girls. Couldn't really tell.:dunno: I'm usually good at telling this kind of thing.

Well this week was a little stressful but it wasn't too horrible.
My grandmother fell down and broke her pelvic bone. She was sent to Wichita. They didn't do anything that the hospital here couldn't do. I was not happy. She is better now. She is back at the nursing home.
I went to a rabbit meeting on Wednesday. We practiced showmanship and I got two rabbits tattooed. I always love seeing peoples reaction to my woolies. I also saw my 1st grade teacher for the first time in 3 years. Her littlest girl was just starting to show rabbits. I remember when she was born.
I got a job offer that day, and I just got back from the "training". I basically do what I do at home, but it is for someone else and I get payed. So YAY! I got a job.

Ranon2.jpg

Zaeo has screamed twice in his life - tattooing was not one of them. When he screamed the first time I was alone, he was getting raped in the head by Moss when he was 8 wks old and Moss was an adult! I had accidentally left them together and turned my back to clean out Moss's cage. The second time I picked him up and he struggled and dropped to the grass. I quickly grabed him before he could run away. Maybe he thought he was getting taken away by a hawk or something? Everyone came running out of the house and they thought it was me screaming! XD

Wait, everyone in your 4-H club is used to rabbits screaming? In my club it's about as rare as being hit by lightening!

Well there are some adults who raised rabbits all their lives and now are sharing with their kids, so they have heard it before. The first time I had heard one scream was when a french lop's cage floor fell out and she got loose, and when I first caught her she freaked out and screamed. It scared me so much I let go, lucky I had her on the ground still. She finally decided after several minutes that she was tired of the bushes and she just came up to me and I put her bac.

Well it rained almost all day. I shouldn't complain sense we need it, but I was driving up to Wichita so it was a little scary. I saw 3 deer, 1 crossed, 1 thought about it and the other was in a field eating. I had a mini heart attack every time.
In Wichita I bought some violin music, and went to PetSmart with my brother. He bought fish stuff and I bought vitamin drops, digestive support tabs and timothy hay. I wanted some Bene Bac but they didn't have it. I also wanted some bedding for nesting boxes but I have no idea what to get. I used wood chips before but they were left in the rain so they aren't good any more.
I ate a Chili's with my grandparents. I love the shrimp tacos :weee:
Tomorrow I will be helping to set up the fair grounds :construction. I don't want to go on the ladders they scar me, but I will go in the loft. Wednesday My mother and I will get the RV and pack her up. Thursday rabbits are put on exhibit and the fair begins. I will be so busy, but it is worth it. If I post it will probably be very short and full of typos, because I will be using my phone.
Can't wait! :wiggle

My fair is still a month away! We have a loft in the poultry and rabbit barn, but it's filled with old cages! Some might be good, but they're mostly rusty...

Good luck at the fair!!

Thanks, Allison. The loft is full of chicken and rabbit cages. We had 90 entries of rabbits this year. Sadly the goats and sheep grew a lot too so the rabbits are kind of crammed in the barn with them. I called dibs on 6 cages all together. Big Louis gets a cage higher up than the others, we always put the big breeds up higher because usually the older kids are the ones showing them.
It was so dusty in that loft! I made the mistake of wearing black sweatpants, they aren't very black now. My friend Gavin did a lot of heavy lifting, so he was dirty and sweaty. He thought it would be hilarious to give me a hug, bleh.
Tomorrow we get the RV, fun. I think we will be next to my friends camper.

I'm back from the fair. All my rabbits did very well. Shadow and Big Louis got best of breed, rascal and kiaya for best of group, and imp got best opposite sex. I am very happy. Everyone got blues so they are all heading up to state fair.
I sold my first rabbit yesterday. Hooligan went to a friend of mine and he looked so happy. They are great pet owners and they are use to high maintenance pets. They use to have chinchillas.
Shadow is due the day after school starts. I can't wait to see what I get.
On Monday I am getting a new rabbit. He is a blue jersey wooly. I am naming him Gunther.

Gunther.jpg

Aww, he looks so FLUFFY!!!!!

Congrats for all of those nice awards at the fair! Do you get premium money, too?

I'm glad your bunny is going to a good home. And congrats on the new fluffy baby!

This was one of the strangest weekends I have ever had.
On Friday I went to a music retreat. I love it. I was with some really great people. I have gone to this for the last 3 years. We did a small performance on Saturday. I had to walk out on one song because I got a random nose bleed.
On Sunday I was in a lawn mower accident and went to the ER. I currently can not use my right arm. I have muscle trauma and swelling.

But the weekend is over and I am getting my new rabbit today, and I will see the doctor about my arm.

How in the world did you get hurt by a lawn mower? Did it get mad at you because you didn't sharpen it's blade?! XD

Well, I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse. I'm sure the new bunny will help you heal!

I was on a riding lawn mower and was using a lawn sweeper attachment. the sweeper broke off and I was pulled off by the rope.
I was able to go to the doctor and they told me it is infected. They gave me a bunch of medicine and a sling. It makes me sleep a lot.
Gunther is even cuter in person. I would have pictures but it was late when we got home and I wanted to leave him alone.
But I promise pictures very soon.

Latest posts

Back