My cat came home and brought some friends - Help Please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
So um, Houdina has ticks... I know I am not supposed to rip them out as the head stays in or something... What should I do? She's on my bed and I have no clue what she is spreading on it but at this point, I will just deal with it. What should I do?

While you have her at the vet's, be sure and have them see if she's pregnant. Chances are, she ran away to find a male to mate with. I've heard the story so many times...unspayed female doing all she can to get out, is gone for a few days to a week, comes home pregnant. So, just to give you a heads up, I suppose...it'd be good for the vet to check for that.

I'm happy she's home...though I wish I had some advice about the ticks...

Hugs!

Rosie*

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, it's still too early to tell if she is or isn't and I don't think i will find out. Even if she is and I have her spayed I will ask the vet not to tell me or i will be questionning my decision. Heh!

I updated in my blog in case anyone wanted more news. Thanks again!

you can dab clear nail polish on the rear end of the ticks. They'll back out of the cats skin fairly quickly once it's applied.

Latest posts

Back