my buny wees in the one spot on my carpet& I can't stop it!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariel

Reaction score
Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop our bunny from weeing on our carpet?
She does it in the same spot as soon as she gets out of her hutch.

I am assuming she is a she, she lifts her tail and wees whilst crouching, anyway she is about 9 weeks old and we got her from some people near where we live and she came from being outside in a hutch with other buns.

I am having troubles litter training her, just when I think she might be getting the idea, she poos and wees all over her hutch. She is proving hard to train.
Our last bun, Chloe, was rather easy but she was very small. We got her from a pet store and she passed after having her 2 weeks. She got very bad diarrhea. (I think she was much younger than the pet store said she was and the vet agreed with me)

Anyway, Bindy (our new bun), has wee'd on our couch and the carpet all the time, I am at a loss as to what to do I have tried vinegar and it just doesn't seem to be working.

Any advice would be great!!

Ariel

Young bunnies are very hard to train! It's a belief of mine and many others on this forum that young bunnies do not have the control that older bunnies do. As they age, their litter habits generally improve.

The best thing I can suggest is putting a litter tray where she goes. It's possible she may just be marking her territory (I believe females do that, too).

In using the white vinegar, did you soak the area? As in clear thru the padding under the carpet? If you don't,the odor remains, whether she is just using it for a potty place or marking it as her own space.

- Dolores

Thanks for the advice My Bunny and Delores, I have soaked the carpet through (well I think I have).

I did however catch her nearly in time lastnight and pop her in a tray I had put in that spot and half her wee got in the tray. So I didn't empty the tray I thought if I left it there maybe when she comes out for playtime tonight she may smell it and go in the tray. So I'll see how we go tonight (crosses fingers).

Thanks again for your help :)

SUCCESS!!! Well for the first wee wee out of the hutch anyway LOL

I sat near where Bindy always wees when she hops out of the hutch andjust as she did her croutchy thingy she does I popped her into the trayand wallah! Wee wees' in the tray!! :D:D:D YAY!! I gave her the big "ohyour a good girl" thing and a pat and body rub too, she did a binkytype thingy and seemed rather happy with her self.

However about 10 mins later she did a wee wee near the tray and Imissed getting to her as I was looking the other way, but not to worry,I figure if I keep up the popping her in the tray when she goes therewhen she first gets out and keep up the praise she'll get the idea :)

I am so proud of my Bindy!! She did well, and also I moved her hutcharound a bit and seems as though there are no wet places in there today, she used the tray in her hutch!!

What a clever bunny she is (well that's what I told her LOL)

Thanks again :)

Hi Ariel

Welcome here :). I hope Bindy's litter training keeps makingprogress,you might want to look up some of the old postsabout how to stop Bindy peeing on the couch and other no goareas,there's been a lot of good stuff written. A water spraymight helpif you can catch her in the act.

There are some veryinformative posts and links on here abouthow to tell the sex of a rabbit, there've been a lot of people fooledinto thinking they had one sex and then discovering they had theopposite :?.

Hope to hear more of Bindy

Kate

Bunnies generally pee in the same way.... theyback up or find a spot and crouch, lift their tail and go.Boys don't lift their legs or anything like a dog.

You will need to check "her" off and on to see if she develops extrasin the genital area. Some can sex the bunnies before then,but I am not one of those people!

Tell Bindy what a good girl she is for using a big bun's potty!!! Yay Bindy!

About eliminating bunny urine odors-- does the carpet solutions madespecifically for pets and sold at petstores eliminate the odor, or doesthe white vinegar work best? If white vinegar is a tried-and-truemethod, than that would be wonderful since i'm sure its waaaaaaaaaycheaper than commercially made Pet Odor Removers.

About bunnies weeing on the carpet- my new lop, Hopscotch, wasnt usingthe litter box. I picked up all the little "Bunny pellets" that shedropped, and put them in her litter box. I kept doing that, and thenI'd put her in the box right after. She now uses her box with noproblem. The downside? Every time she hops into the box and out of it,she kicks up litter everywhere!!!!!! I think now she's making even moreof a mess then she was before! lol

Latest posts

Back