My buns weird behaviors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
Ok, first thing, Flopsy grooms Hazel's right eye all the time. Like she will sometimes focus on the eye for 5 minutes at a time, if not more. When I watch it I worry about it seriously. Normal? No?

Chasing and occassionally nipping, normal for bonded buns? Sometimes I wonder if the bonding isn't complete, it didn't really take that long, and I cheated with banana grooming.

I feel like I have more, but in my limited time on the internet right now, I annot remember, haha. I want my home internet back, >.< Stupid time-warner

i had a bonded pair that the male overgroomed Boo's head and she had a bald patch!! they were happy sometimes mine nip if they are telling the other something i guess.

i would keep an eye on them but it will probably sort themselves outmaybe get a water bottle handy in case its a bit to much nipping then fgive the naughty one thats doing the nipping a quick squirt while they are nipping so they know its naughty

Do watch Hazel's eye for any problems, somtimes a rabbit will know something is wrong before we do. If Hazel is having an infection or something start in that eye, that may be why Flopsy is paying special attention to it.

She's been doing it for weeks now though. And I've been checking Hazel's eye every day because I worry about Flopsy's over-grooming. It seems to be ok, there's no discharge, course Flops will probably have eaten it if there was, lmao. The eye looks healthy, she can see out of it, the fur around it looks good. How would I keep a look-out for an infection?

As for the nipping, it's nothing that actually gets fur or skin, it's just kind of reaching for each other with their mouths and the other running away.

BTW! People with bonded pairs, do they still hump each other? When they're grooming, one will be grooming the other's back, and if while doing this, she ends up with her butt on the other's face, she'll hump. I know it's a dominance thing, but it's that still normal? They're not spayed yet, that's happening soon, so I know that's probably the reason, but should I be worried? When I seperate them, they get upset about it so.....

About the eye -

We had a shelter bonded pair. The female would constantly groom the male's eye so well, we never noticed he had a torn tear duct until one day she was too lazy to groom him. So, watch the eye just in case =P

Nipping is normal I believe. Just make sure it's not hard nipping.

Edit: Yes, bonded pairs do hump each other...especially unfixed on. I have friends who have a pair of buns who used hump it to determine who gets to eat the food first, lolz. If they're not fixed, it is a combition of dominance, and very raging hormones. If one of the rabbits has their bottom on top of the other rabbit's head, you may want to watch out. Did you hear about aurora369's poor bun... who nearly had castration done by another rabbit =[

I read that, and all of the follow-up, which is why I asked, every time I see the humping, I freak out a little.

Oh god, what is a torn tear duct? And how can I figure out if poor Hazel has one??

Basically you would watch for any discharge, redness or irritation in/around the eye. It's possible it could jsut be a funnny bunny fetish, the fact that she is so specific about it just makes me wonder.

Back