My buns don't like me...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherMarie

Reaction score
I have so many bunny books, and I've tried everything. I'll lay on the ground and read or lay treats around me to tempt them, but they just don't like me :(...

i mean they tolerate me more than anybody else because i'm the one to feed them and clean up their messes, but it's not actually liking me.

i see everyone on here where they can cuddle with their buns, and mine barely let me touch them. my fatty used to be a sweet boy, but after his neuter he doesn't like me either.

they are happy buns..they binky around and run around in circles and play tag with eachother, but have mercy if i try to touch them.

are they just unfriendly buns? it's been about a year & a half. any new/unusual suggestions?

To be honest, some bunnies are not snuggly bunnies. What you want from them, is for your own needs, but actually, they sound perfectly happy and like their needs are being completely met.Often a pair of buns will have limited interest in people, because they have an animal of their own species, and this is exactly how it should be. The don't sound like they don't like you because they are not tearing you limb from limb, they just sound like they are far more interested in each other.

Maybe try to look at it like they are happy, and that's the important thing?

Some of mine are snugglers, and some of mine tolerate me and some won't even tolerate me, but all my bunnies are happy and whether they relate to me or not is, in my eyes, almost irrelevent because to me the important thing is their happiness. If they snuggle with me then that's a fantastic bonus!

My rabbits aren't terribly snuggly either, although they do like to play with me in their own ways. Two will let me pet them on their terms, one always wants petting but no snuggling, and the fourth doesn't let me touch her if she can help it. Bunny #5 adores me in a hyperactive way that is pretty bizarre, but what doyou expect from a Brittania Petite (always odd) that I hand-raised from an orphaned baby? lol

HeatherMarie wrote:
Mama just crouches down real low to the ground and gives me the evil eye. Fatty & Patchy cause a tornado they run so fast.

Does she flatten her head down?

If she does, she's asking for you to groom her...... that's a good thing. Bo loves to have his head rubbed, ears rubbed, and that's a HUGE part of the whole snuggly part of him.

Same with Clover - if we can catch her LOL!

Tony would be in someone's lap being snuggled no matter the reason.....

They're all different but be sure you're reading them right.

Hi! I know it's sort of sad that you do the best for your bunnies and they don't return it! How very ungrateful :biggrin2: But they sound happy and that is really what matters in the end! Most rabbit owners around the world don't have a strong bond with their rabbits like a lot of people do here. A lot of bunnies just don't like being cuddled either! When you get down on the floor and sit/lay there a while, they should be curious enough to come and investigate. Otherwise it's very entertaining just to watch their antics :)

She thinks she is boss and wants you to groom her and worship her. Basically, lol. Some bunnies, once you start doing this with them, will groom you back, others don't.

lol she is right though, she is boss. and me and the other two buns know it. that's why she gets her own cage and own food and everything and they do whatever she wants.:bow:bow

My bunny does that too, when I pet her she goes flat to the ground, after I groom her for awhile, she grooms me by licking my hands and pants lol!

HeatherMarie wrote:
She does flatten her head! :) lol so she does like me! :inlove: so what does she want me to do to groom her? just pet her?

Oh yeah! She's just telling you it's your job to groom me now. Bo LOVES to be groomed too and he will do the grooming me back! He grooms my shirt and even sometimes my glasses! LOL! He's such a good boy!

Tony is the same but enjoys the being groomed more than anything..... he is a big meatloaf!

naturestee wrote:

Oh, lol! Good call Bo! I don't even think of that any more because I'm so used to it.

Here's the best site ever on bunny body language. I don't know what I would have done without it.
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/
Tony keeps me informed of the presentation for grooming stance........ all the time! LOL!

Lola does not like to be held. I can pick her up and hold her for a few mins. but you can tell she's nervous and just want's down. I don't hold her often other than take her out of her cage and put her back in. She LOVES her freedom at night and she loves for me to pet her while she's on the ground.

I've had them for a little over a year. It took them forever to even tolerate me, but I thought by now they would like me a little better. Now that I know mama just wants to be groomed and that's the same for fatty i feel a little better. patchy still won't even let me look at her without running. but as meatloaf says...2 outta 3 ain't bad

Back