My Bun's cages...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistyjr

Reaction score
Here is Spider-Man's (Spidy) Cage!!!
026-3.jpg

028-3.jpg

029-1.jpg

And The Black's Cage!! (Now have to move the bigger Black out!)I hate this kind of cage. It is so harder to clean then Spider-Man's cage.

033-1.jpg

This is the big Black Buck! (was supposed to be a Doe!)
034-1.jpg

The little Black Doe (hopefully!)
036-2.jpg

043-1.jpg

And then them together!
042-1.jpg

their so cute, their cage looks really tall!

Can you put some cardboard or something down on the wire floor so the blue guy has a place to rest?

Otherwise, they're super cute!

Why do you dislike the purple cage? I think it looks pretty nice (other than being really tall). Is it because the buns have poor litter habits?

Those are good cages.

Anyway you can seperate the doe and buck though?

Ok, it would be a good idea to invest in more cages though. I know you are planning on being a breeder, so you will need much more cages then you do now :) If the doe you have get's pregnant, you must have another cage to put the buck in or she will get pregnant again straight away. Meaning she will have another litter before she even weans her first. You need to get at least two more cages. One for him, and at least one more for a litter.

WoW the second cage is about the same size I have for my two chinchilla's was there any particular reason you picked a cage like that for rabbits?

irishbunny wrote:
Ok, it would be a good idea to invest in more cages though. I know you are planning on being a breeder, so you will need much more cages then you do now :) If the doe you have get's pregnant, you must have another cage to put the buck in or she will get pregnant again straight away. Meaning she will have another litter before she even weans her first. You need to get at least two more cages. One for him, and at least one more for a litter.
The Blue and the smaller black are brothers and sisters and they are 11 weeks old. The Bigger black one is with the smaller black. And hes 4 weeks older then these 2, When we took Blue in for hes Fracture leg she said he was a buck. But I havent seen no balls yet. Should I put the 2 Bucks together?? And have the doe by her self??
We arent breeding until Spring time. And building cages when we get our taxes next month..

paul2641 wrote:
WoW the second cage is about the same size I have for my two chinchilla's was there any particular reason you picked a cage like that for rabbits?
See. When my aunt came down, She brung 20 rabbits for the show. And she gave me the 3 rabbits. And I had the ferret in the purple cage. And I gave her the ferret for the rabbits. And she didnt want the cage. So I put the rabbits in there. The cage is just for this winter until it gets warmer out and can put them in the hutch.

mistyjr wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
The Blue and the smaller black are brothers and sisters and they are 11 weeks old. The Bigger black one is with the smaller black. And hes 4 weeks older then these 2, When we took Blue in for hes Fracture leg she said he was a buck. But I havent seen no balls yet. Should I put the 2 Bucks together?? And have the doe by her self??
We arent breeding until Spring time. And building cages when we get our taxes next month..
I got them on Dec 5th and she thinks that they were 6-7 weeks old.

I would have a go at sexing them again :) At this age it's very easy, do you know how to do it? It's not just testicles you need to look for, sometimes rabbits can kind of suck those up into their bodies too so you can't see them :p

Rabbits start to become sexually mature now, next month there is a good chance it could be too late.

Here is a good site to help you sex them, the first page shows you how to go about looking at their ''bits'' and then if you scroll down to the end, there are links that you click on to see boy pictures and girl pictures.

Once you know the sexes, then keep boys with boys and girls with girls :)

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexing.shtml

irishbunny wrote:
I would have a go at sexing them again :) At this age it's very easy, do you know how to do it? It's not just testicles you need to look for, sometimes rabbits can kind of suck those up into their bodies too so you can't see them :p

Rabbits start to become sexually mature now, next month there is a good chance it could be too late.

Here is a good site to help you sex them, the first page shows you how to go about looking at their ''bits'' and then if you scroll down to the end, there are links that you click on to see boy pictures and girl pictures.

Once you know the sexes, then keep boys with boys and girls with girls :)

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexing.shtml
Thanks, I will look at that website.

Latest posts

Back