My Bun's Breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bramble Briar86

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out my buck's breedever since i adopted him about a month ago and i still have no clue! ithink he might be a sandy Flemish Giant, but, he's only 6 1/2 pounds!i've heard they get up to 28lb.s! his picture is my avatar.

please help,

Ellie

Is it possible to make the avatar bigger, or attach another picture? It's pretty tiny :?

His color is similar to the Sandy Flemish, butthe Sandy Flemish are generally redder to a gene called the"wide-band". The color in other breeds is know by manydifferent names -- it's generally referred to as "Chestnut Agouti".

The fur type of your rabbit is difficult to tell from the avatar -- it actually appears curly in the avatar.

How old is your rabbit?

It's most likely some type of mixed breed. If your rabbit isaround 6 pounds and full grown, some of the possible rabbits in itsancestry may include lops, Dutch, Rex, Florida WhiteorStandard Chinchilla.

If your rabbit is a youngsterand weighs 6 pounds, some typeof commercial breed background is likely (such as New Zealand, largelops).

Do you have another clearer photo? I'm not sure the avatar will come out very clear if you try to enlarge it.

Pam

Here is a picture of Big Ben my flemish giant atabout five months of age. He is a Sandy color, purebred. He recentlypassed over the Rainbow Bridge.
47b4cf26b3127cce9adc6a78161000000026108QZMXDho5bG

My four-month-old Steel Gray Flemish Giant Diva weighs around eightpounds already, you can't mistake a purebred they are HUGE! Good lucksolving your mystery! Hope to see a bigger pic of your little one!

Fergi's mom

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Isn't this the bunny we thought was an asterix a week or so ago?

I was wondering the same thing. The coat appears curly in the avatar, but I though maybe it was just a blurry photo ;)

I was too lazy to try to hunt down the post about the astrex to see if it was the same person. . .

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Isn't thisthe bunny we thought was an asterix a week or so ago?

I was wondering the same thing. The coat appears curly in the avatar, but I though maybe it was just a blurry photo ;)

I was too lazy to try to hunt down the post about the astrex to see if it was the same person. . .

Pam

Someone actually said that my Daisy looked like an asterix - i'll tryand find the post and bump it again to see if it is the one that youwhere thinking of :)! It would have been nice if she was -unfortunatley she isn't.

Vickie

Vickie

It was me that asked if Daisy's fur was wavy? The pic I was referring to...she looked like she had wavy fur.

Lanna

lanna21974 wrote:
It was me that asked if Daisy's fur was wavy? The pic I wasreferring to...she looked like she had wavy fur.

Lanna
Yeah Lanna I just found the post. Its a shame she isn't. I can see whatyou mean though, in that pic she does look wavy. I don't think I'm solucky though. I think its just thick rex-fur.

Vickie

Latest posts

Back