My bunny's first victum!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can lie and say the cord malfunctioned. I had a no-questions-asked warranty on my computer for a few years and I used that to replace a couple of bunny-chewed power cords!

My favorite story is the Christmas tree!

When I first got Tony and didn't know much about bunnies I was in college in an apt with 4 other girls. We had cable TV and he would go under the couch and chew, big deal I thought, he's not damaging anything. Our TV reception quality was getting progressively worse, and one day I was able to time the fuzz with Tony's digging--he had chewed all the insulation off the cable cord and was causing the reception problems!

More recently, he destroyed 2 refrigerator cables. We didn't know what had happened with the first one, but the second one, we figured out. Luckily it was plugged into a safety outlet so it tripped the safety to turn off the power when he bit through, otherwise he would have gotten really hurt! We've become quite good at home electronics repair since then.

Yet again our Lulu's sound very similar! we must warn people that the name seems to come with attiutude haha my Lulu chewed through my iBook charger a few months back... I only left the room for like 20 seconds, to get something for her to play with because I noticed she seemed playful. I don't know how she did not get hurt! glad your Lulu is also safe and sound.

An authentic apple charger can cost around $200 Australian dollars here, but I got one on ebay for less than $30. it took like two months to get here, but I was able to borrow a friend's charger which was a lifesaver when I had all my end of semester assignments due.

so far the one charger is the only casualty that I have had in 7 months of being a rabbit owner. but I haven't had a Christmas yet haha love that story of the rabbits stealing the top of the tree!

I wasn't that lucky with my buns. I had "wireless" mouse, keyboard, electric fan, hair dryer and mobile charger. It was all destroyed when I first got them. Bunny proofing is soooooooooo... Important! well I was a bun noob. Expensive lesson..

serenz wrote:
I wasn't that lucky with my buns. I had "wireless" mouse, keyboard, electric fan, hair dryer and mobile charger. It was all destroyed when I first got them. Bunny proofing is soooooooooo... Important! well I was a bun noob. Expensive lesson..
LOL. Sorry that happened. But the way you said it struck me funny.

tonyshuman wrote:
More recently, he destroyed 2 refrigerator cables. We didn't know what had happened with the first one, but the second one, we figured out. Luckily it was plugged into a safety outlet so it tripped the safety to turn off the power when he bit through, otherwise he would have gotten really hurt! We've become quite good at home electronics repair since then.
This happened to us except the outcome wasn't the same. It was a baby from Bushies litter that were going to keep. We called her Princess and we would lock her in the kitchen but she kept going behind the fridge and the last time it became her last. :( After it happened dad immediately replaces it with a coil one encase a bunny ever got behind again, bunny would not be harmed.

Luluznewz wrote:
yeah they are 73 dollars...
Sounds to me like it's time to invest in a soldering iron, some solder and a roll of electrical tape. Unless the wire is snipped off right next to the plug or the charger (or, as when Scone got to my laptop, both plus a neat cut every half inch along the entire cord), it's usually fairly easy to solder it up.

Soldering is an essential skill for a bunny owner.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
tonyshuman wrote:
This happened to us except the outcome wasn't the same. It was a baby from Bushies litter that were going to keep. We called her Princess and we would lock her in the kitchen but she kept going behind the fridge and the last time it became her last. :( After it happened dad immediately replaces it with a coil one encase a bunny ever got behind again, bunny would not be harmed.
Oh no! How sad. It's pretty amazing what little places they can get themselves into, especially ones you wouldn't think they'd want to be in, like behind the fridge. I now have it blocked off with NIC panels. We had just moved in to a new apartment and didn't know what we should block off yet. I'll have to be more careful when we move again!

hartleybun wrote:
sharlaelizabeth wrote:
One of the girls got to my sewing machine cord (the one to the foot pedal not to the wall). It was unplugged and they didn't get all the way through it, but I'm not sure if it's usable or not. :/ Now the cords are on a shelf in a closet with the door latched.
another reason i keep using my 1951 handcranked singer machine. weighs a ton but quite bunny/choc lab/ proof:D
I've been thinking about switching to my grandmother's 1945 Singer, but I'm afraid they might suddenly develop a taste for antique wood :/

Latest posts

Back