My bunny's first victum!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
So, I feel like i'm offically a rabbit slave. Lulu destroyed her first item. It was my macbook power cable. Luckily it was not plugged in, but I foolishly left it on the chair where she hopped up and destroyed it.

I'm going to do another round of bunny proofing and make sure to pick things up better in the future.

I just wish it wasn't my laptop charger...I really need that for work and school...

Oh well, I guess that's the price I pay for bunny love. Her first victim...my little bunny is growing up.

Uh-oh... that is not good to hear at all. I would beabsolutely furious if Marmalade destroyed the power cable for my laptop. Luckily, my laptop is still under warranty and that Marmalade is well-mannered enough (she is not destructive at all)to be trusted around such things. I hope you are able to get another laptop charger, especially since it is so necessary for your school work. And in the meantime, I hope Lulu can snap out of her destructive behaviour before it is too late. It's a good thingbunnies are cute, huh? ;) Good luck.

:clapping:your initiation into bundom is nearly complete. you may now move onto the bunny nail clipping ceremony, where many an apprentice has learnt why bunnies have claws.......:bunnydance:

btw the words 'bunny' and 'proofing' are something of a misnomer ;)

doesnt it seem like they always find the worst things to destroy! My first thing wasnt quite as bad...but still upset me...my headphone cord. And then the cord for my drapes in my room. Now they are no longer allowed in my room without supervision. hehe.

gosh, you guys get off easy!

i mean sure it might be a little hard to replace a labtop cord, but try cleaning up a pound of flour or powder suger. . . talk about problems

winnie only goes for the stuff that will take forever to clean up. cornmeal, flour, powder sugar, shredding a roll of toilet paper in my bed. . .

katt wrote:
gosh, you guys get off easy!
i once spentover three hours in all tatting a christmas decoration. somebun who shall remain nameless nibbled open the zipped vinyl bag i keep my work in and shredded it.:pullhair::tantrum::cry2

Fortunately, replacement power cords are fairly inexpensive these days. I just replaced mine for $25. I can remember when they cost $100+.

I spend hours each year in the freezing cold and snow picking out just the right Christmas tree ( I am a bit of a Christmas nut).

I finally found just the right one...perfectly round and beautiful...one of the best yet...we brought it home laid it on the floor to trim the bottom off while our two bunn girls ran around inspecting it...

Finally we had it ready to put in the stand...we looked up to see if the girls were clear so we could lift it and saw....

Two bunny butts disappearing under the diningroom table with a 2 foot by 2 foot chunk of my TREE!!!! And they took it right off the front at the top! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHHHHHHHHH! :shock:

We tried to stuff the hole with decorations but honestly...what are you supposed to do with a hole that big? Hubby wanted to stuff it with two bad bunnies...they are sooo lucky they are cute...very lucky! :grumpy:

Now we don't let the kids help with the Christmas tree until AFTER we set it up out of the reach of bunny teeth...

Danielle

Too funny! I love the stories.

I lost a couple of powercords to bunnies (I guess I'm a slow learner). I had to call Dell once to get it replaced and they reminded me I had paid extra for the warranty. I assumed that pet chewage wasn't covered...but it was. :)

the number one casualty in our house has been phone cords--fortunately I have saved up a bunch over the years. Bunny proof? Nancy left the chair out at the computer desk after she'd been warned not too. Coal jumped up there and went thru all the speaker cords and the power cord for the printer--good thing one of us used to be an Electrical Engineer. Had everything at floor level all boxed in but didn't factor in the "mountain" bunny.

When I was away at college, my bunnies were staying with my parents. Someone left the gate open and the bunnies went exploring the upstairs. My mom found a spare phone jack cord chewed into 13 separate pieces! At least it was nothing dangerous or urgently needed.

Wow so many naughty little buns! The Christmas tree destruction was a particularly funny image. I can't decide if they were getting into the Christmas spirit or just wanted to eat the Christmas spirit...

And jeeze, i didnt even think about how bad it would be if Lulu got into the flour...good thing I dont let her in the kitchen...

One of the girls got to my sewing machine cord (the one to the foot pedal not to the wall). It was unplugged and they didn't get all the way through it, but I'm not sure if it's usable or not. :/ Now the cords are on a shelf in a closet with the door latched.

I feel bad for you.....aren't macbook power cords around $80 :shock:?

yeah they are 73 dollars...Kahlin sort of inspired me to call apple care and see what the warranty could do for me. I was sorta freaking out when I realized how much it would cost.

I wasnt entire forthcoming about how it happened. I just said that I just noticed it today and I wasn't sure how exactly it happened (to be honest i'm not, I've never seen her sit on any furniture before. They just let it slide and said they would cover it.

I felt a bit bad, but they I realized how freaking marked up apple products are, and that I just bought the laptop. I figure its not like they are losing money on me. They didnt really ask, so I didnt really tell. I've never used the warranty I paid for anyway.

Jessica....I did the same thing when my cell phone cord got chewed right in half (the first time, LOL).

:p

I'd cry if my macbook cord got chewed.

Luluznewz wrote:
And jeeze, i didnt even think about how bad it would be if Lulu got into the flour...good thing I dont let her in the kitchen...

yeah, winnie gets in the kitchen, in fact, she has not only figured out how to get into the cupboards where baking stuff was stored, but how to get on the counter (didn't know she could jump that high).

:panic:imagine waking up one morning to find christmas in july

the life of having a free range trouble-making rabbit lol

sharlaelizabeth wrote:
One of the girls got to my sewing machine cord (the one to the foot pedal not to the wall). It was unplugged and they didn't get all the way through it, but I'm not sure if it's usable or not. :/ Now the cords are on a shelf in a closet with the door latched.
another reason i keep using my 1951 handcranked singer machine. weighs a ton but quite bunny/choc lab/ proof:D

Luluznewz wrote:
So, I feel like i'm offically a rabbit slave. Lulu destroyed her first item. It was my macbook power cable. Luckily it was not plugged in, but I foolishly left it on the chair where she hopped up and destroyed it.

I'm going to do another round of bunny proofing and make sure to pick things up better in the future.

I just wish it wasn't my laptop charger...I really need that for work and school...

Oh well, I guess that's the price I pay for bunny love. Her first victim...my little bunny is growing up.
It's amazing how fast the little buggers can clip those cords! One little chomp of the teeth, and its bye-bye electronics!!

Latest posts

Back