My bunny keeps plucking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pellzy91

Reaction score
My female keeps plucking. She dose this multiple times a year its madness, I sat and watched her this morning she takes fur from all over her body pouches it and then goes to her bed and deposits it in the corner at the back which now looks again like a nest. She lives with her male bunny but I have been told that his tubes are cut as the testicle separation can be felt. I was also told she was done before I got them. The vets have checked them both I was told 2 healthy bunnies. I also was told she would do it a few times and then that would stop but here we are 2 years on and still pluckigg and nesting. Anyone any ideas I feel bad for her what can I do to help. I have noticed that they are both still sexualy active aswell not sure they still have that need when done. Any advice welcome.
Thanks

Uhm, when a buck gets neutered his testicles get removed, not the tubes cut. But I guess he is fixed, or quite likely you would wade in baby bunnies for some time now.

It can happen that a spayed girl builds a nest with a kind of mild false pregnancy, but I can't remember reading that one went so far as to pull fur. It's hormones that make the fur easy to pluck. Even my intact does do that rarely during false pregnancies, haystaching, yes, pulling fur rarely. Unless your doe is an oddball I would bet she's still intact.

Humping isn't necessarily a sexual behaviour, it's a normal social thing to assert dominance. Does and bucks do it. Being humped can trigger a false pregnancy in does.

Latest posts

Back