My bunny is really aggressive please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I use a dog pen for Pippi to play in while outside. We built an outdoor condo for Butterscotch and Ellie, and they absolutely love it (but they've been outside bunnies since before we got them). Here's a picture of Pippi's indoor cage. It's a smaller version of the one we use outside. Sorry there's no rabbit for scale. Our air conditioner has been broken for two weeks, and we've had a major heat wave, so Pippi is chilling in the basement. Each panel is able to be separated, and additional panels can be purchased to make it bigger. I found it on eBay. Just search for dog xpens, and make sure the holes aren't separated enough for your bun to get out. We put Pippi in a carrier to transport her from inside to outside, and she hops in at her own free will. :)

Thank you! Ah I see, I quite like the idea of a pen :)

glad to see he's not aggressive anymore! :D
have you tried teaching him tricks? (up, circle, etc) to bond with him even more? :)

I haven't tried tricks yet, just wanted to take the process slowly and for him to warm up to me slowly :)

I will in time though! Would you be able to recommend some websites teaching tricks? Thank you!

I'm very happy you have talked to your mom and have been able to find a solution to your bunnies aggression.

With regards to the poopy bum, it's quite possible that may be somewhat easily resolved, but I will need some information from you. Rabbits produce two types of poop, round fecal balls, and cecotropes that look a bit like a blackberry cluster but are not usually seen as they are normally reingested by the rabbit. Most often when a rabbit has mushy poop problems it is due to a dietary issue upsetting the microbial balance in the cecum and causing the cecotropes to not form properly so they come out mushy and the rabbit won't eat them, and thus they often end up stuck to the fur on their bottom. I need to know if along with the mushy poop, are you seeing the normal round fecal balls and are they normal or is there anything irregular about them like being excessively small, dark, hard, any mucous, any odd shaped fecal poop, or do the fecal balls look normal to you?

I also need to know what your rabbits exact diet is like. What type of pellets, hay, veggies, fruit, treats, etc that you feed him? Have there been any changes in his diet or anything new introduced into the diet since he started having the mushy poop? Have there been any changes in his environment or any thing happen that could be upsetting or stressing him?

Bunny has been producing normal fecal balls (the usual dry, round ones), but the ones stuck to his bottom are sticky and quite pungent (his poops have never smelled bad before).

We changed our pellets only after the mushy poop incident, so I don't think that would be the major issue, have not changed the hay since the start, but we have stopped feeding him apples (we used to feed him a couple tiny blocks of apple each morning) and the main fresh part of his diet is grass and very occasional celery/parsley. There haven't been any other changes (besides the pellets which still, was after the mushy poop) in his diet or environment.

Latest posts

Back