My bunny Baby died last night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg

i cant imagine something like that happening.

i am soooo sorry for your loss. i was crying while reading all of this. time heals all, please take care of yourself

nael..Thankyou and i also agree with you

Eve..when i did go to see the parents i did mention that to the parentsbut they didn't seem to say much i kept on saying that he's lying isaid so much that i cannot even remember everything i said,they're notstupid people i know in my heart they are protecting their kid becausehe has been getting into a lot of trouble with all sorts of things,theyknow he killed my bunny weather intentionally or unintentionally.I havenot seen Brentaround since i had gone over theirplace,Anthony (my son) came home and said that he was grounded,Anthonyhad over heard Brent talking to another kid that he was grounded and hecouldn't go anywhere,so this is just another little something thatssaying GUILTY.I just don't know why the parents didn't take morecontrol while i was over there,i'm confused why he didn't get into moretrouble,i just don't understand:?

Anthony will not speak to Brent anymore

I don't think the parents would pressure him into saying how she diedbecause they just wouldn't care,i know this because i have spoken tothe mum quite a few times,we were talking and she was saying how herfriends place had caught on fire,and i said that i would make sure mykids and my bunnies were safe,and she replied,"but you can just replacethe rabbits though":disgust:they just don't get it

thanks Eve:)

Naturestee..it's just something that i never thought would ever happen,it was just unexpected

stopwarownarabbit..i agree with you,so many things go around in theschool yard that Anthony will eventually(hopefully) find outsomething,i will be waiting for that day.But i'm thinking more alongthe lines that Baby had a heart attack,she would have been sofrightened.

Sheriden..Thankyou,it's to late for me to do anything now though which makes me mad now:(

Linz..Thankyou

Spring..Thanks heaps

manda..Thankyou

My sweet little girl has been gone for 13 days now:(

cheryl

Cheryl,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I cried reading this thread, nothing to how deeply you are saddened.

It is a good thing your son is no longer talking to the boy. they say kids willing to hurt small animals many times become very disturbed, dangerous and evil adults.

No words will soothe the pain you feel, just know we are thinking about you.

Christine

Oh my goodness... I just saw this thread today, sorry I have been out for awhile. ECHK!!!!! (sound) How horriable can a person be?.....

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you are doing alright.

Thankyou Mr Pumpkinbunny and Dandy:)

It has been just about 5 weeks now,since Baby has been gone,and there has not been a day that i haven't thought about her,i even go and sit at her grave and i tell her how terribly sorry i am with what happened,i still miss her so much.In the first few weeks after she died i would make the mistake of calling Chocolate Bunny,by Baby's name and i felt so awful when i did that.

Anthony my son still has not spoken to Brent next door and he never will speak to him again,he just does not acknowledge that he is there anymore,even though they are in the same home class,he stays clear of him.

It is a big shame with what happened because we were good neighbours where we waved to each other and we would have a chat when i was out the front watering my garden,but not anymore,my street is actually a lovely street where everyone waves to each other,ugh and i'm still confused as to why the parents let what happened just go,i heard that Brent got grounded for a while but that is all i heard,i would be so dissapointed if one of my children did something like that,and i would in no way just let it go,anyway from a very young age i have always taught my boys to respect animals and to never hurt something that is defensless and innocent and never hurt something that cannot stand up for itself,otherwise that will makethem a monster and a coward.

My dad came around to visit the kids and myself the other day,he asked how the bunnies are doing and then a few tears started to roll down my face and i said Baby died and the boy next door did something to her,he couldn't believe what he was hearing,he said "what bloody mongrels"he was pretty shocked as well,especially when i told him that he threw her body over the fence:(

I hate thinking about that day but i still keep going back and remembering and i just cannot help but cry some tears,it still feels like it just happened yesterday,i had to close her eyes as they were half open,things like this seem to haunt me for a very long time:(

Ohh my sweet Baby girl,i just miss her heaps

cheryl

:rainbow::bunnydance:dont worry. i know you are sad. i cannot imagine what you have been threw! but your bunny is playing hard over the rainbow bridge now

Cheryl,

I am so very very sorry for your loss. I was just reading this with tears streaming down my face. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

-Haley

Thankyou manda and hh2420,i really do appreciate it:)

yeah it's something that will stay with me for a very long time,it is something that will always stick with me.Just the day before she died i was thinking to myself that i should take some updated pictures of the bunnies,i don't even have a picture of me and Baby together.i just feel sad that i didn't get any recent pictures of Baby,the most recent one's i have were taken about 2 months before she was taken from me,my avatar was one of those.

cheryl

The love you two hadis priceless. You have a few solid objectpictures of her, but the feeling of love will last forever :). I only have one picture of my old bunny Smokey, but the love for her will rest in my heart forever.

I still have youin my thoughts, and wishing that some of the weight of grief will be lifted off your shoulders.

:hug2

Spring wrote:
The love you two hadis priceless. You have a few solid objectpictures of her, but the feeling of love will last forever :). I only have one picture of my old bunny Smokey, but the love for her will rest in my heart forever.

I still have youin my thoughts, and wishing that some of the weight of grief will be lifted off your shoulders.

:hug2
Spring you are right,that feeling of love WILL last forever,i know it will because i know what kind of person i am,i'm one of those people that hold on to the memories and i never let them go,i'm very sentimental.

It really does hurt a lot because i still don't know what happened to her,or what they did to her,i keep wondering but i guess i will never know,maybe one day i will eventually find out.

and thankyou Spring:)

cheryl

OMG! I am so sorry to hear about Baby. She sounds so cute, even the name is adorable. I can't believe that someone would do that to a little baby bunny...people can be so cruel sometimes. I hope you've found the hole in the fence (if there is one), I couldn't bear to see another post like this...I cried while I read it:tears2:

Baby is in a better place now:rainbow:, one free of dogs. One day you'll see her again and have all the time in the world to play with her. I hope you feel better, I knowwhen my rabbit died it took forever for me to stop crying.

~*Caitlin*~

Thankyou Caitlin:)

I did not fix the hole near the fence as there was no hole,i don't know why the kid said that in the first place,didn't he realize that i would have checked that out,i'm sure he must have been terrified so he must have just thought of anything but really that was a very stupid excuse for him to come up with,ugh and the parents did not do nothing about it!that is just poor parenting,just what are they teaching their children.

aww i'm sorry to hear about your bunny

cheryl

You are absolutely right, that is poor parenting. If I had done something like that, I would be in so much trouble. Not that I would, though, that is just sick. Thanks for the comment, scooby died a year ago,but now I have Leo to cheer me up :) Speaking of which, I need to get him out, so I'll ttyl!

~*Caitlin*~

I just read the whole thread and I had to cry about what happened to your poor baby. Thats like the worst nightmare, Im so sorry for you.

Isn't that crime enough to tell the police about it? I dont know how american law works..here if a kid isat least14 it can be brought to court. The reaction of his parents is unbelieveable..do they have any values? Did they feel guilty at all?

The way they/ hetreated your bunnys dead body is just respectless. They should be deeply ashamed of themselves!!

Unfortunalety there are always these people that think other animals than cat or dog are no real pets and they can just dosh** like that...

I have always had a fear like that. When I was a teen classmates where threatening me to break my bunnies neck. They thought its funny, and I ended up watching the buns on the balkony at night.

I wish baby can rest in peace...

Emi

Caitlyn,Leo is so cute:)

Emi,i live in Australia,and the law can be pretty stupid here sometimes and the police just would have said that i have no proof as what happened,and i don't really think they would have done much anyway,i still wish i had gotten a necroscpy done now,at least then i wouldn't have to wonder how she died,but since she didn't have any markings on her or anything i'm heading towards a heartattack but i'm just guessing though,she would have been so frightened,and i feel this pain in my chest when i think about how scared she would have been.

But i'm still confused as to why they didn't return her body to me,they did not have to throw her body over the fence:(

cheryl

Oops yeah australia, just read it 0_o

Umh but I cant imagine a healthy bunny having a heart attack from being scared bya dog.. I dont want to imagine what else the kid could have done..

It might be that the reason why they didnt return the body is because they wanted you to think your bunny somehow died on your property. That would explain the throwing her over the fence..if I understand the situation right:?

Emi

no they threw her over the paddock over their back fence,omg,i didn't think about them breaking her neck or anything saddest like that:(

cheryl

Oh ok that doesnt make sense..hm very sad. But i think the fact that you dont even know what happend must bother you a lot :(

Hopefully that kid speaks the truth one day and regrets what he did.

Best Wishes

Back