My bunny Baby died last night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheryl, reading your post bring tears to my eyes and my stomach just sinks.

I'm so sorry to hear of this terrible loss. I to have lost a Baby in a tragic way and know how painfull it is.

I think you should have a sit down with this boy and his parents.Hopefully this will bring the truth out from what happend and theparents will know what's going on. Hurting animals is very serious, andkids who do it at a young age need help, as this is not a normalbehaviour and can lead to much worse things later on, and/or morepeople loosing their beloved animals to a childs crultey.

I hope that your heart can heal quickly so that this hurt you haveinside becomes less painful with each day, and is repalced with onlyfond memories of your sweet bunny.

Rest in Peace Sweet Baby...... :bunnyangel:

Oh, Cheryl, what a terrible thing to have to go through :cry2

I agree with Andrea. You should speak tothis boy's parents and attempt to get the truth out of him. It may bepainful, but they need to know.

Cheryl, I'm so sorry you lost your rabbit. I know how awful that feels.

Cheryl, I am so sorry. I'm still getting overlosing BlueBelle, not that I ever completely will or want to. So I canunderstand the shock that you are in. CupCake and I send our love.

:rainbow:Binky free, Baby.:rainbow:

Lissa

That is horrible!!!:no:

If it was me, I would go over and give the parents a talkingto. Or more!!! I would not let them get away with this!!!!!!

sheridan wrote:
That is horrible!!!:no:

If it was me, I would go over and give the parents a talkingto. Or more!!! I would not let them get away with this!!!!!!
yeah..if that happened to me i would probably do the same thing

Have you talked to his parents? Maybe he couldspill the beans if his parents put the pressure on him. If that was myrabbit, I would have exploded and gone over there and beat the living:censored2out of him.. of course I'd probably get in hugetrouble but It'd be worth it! I have no restrain if something harmfulcomes between my rabbits.. I have a little mouthfull of words I'dscream at this boy.. but I'd get banned if I posted them on here!

I'm so sorry you had to go through this Cheryl :(. My heart goes out to you.

Btw good jobon your sons part!

I agree with the other posts, young people who start with hurting smallanimals can lead up to getting bigger and more horrid. Man, I'd love tojust give a nice good smack to this boy..

I think you definately need to talk to hisparents--even if it doesn't amount to anything. Tell themwhat happened and why you are suspicious and let them know what aprecious pet this bunny was to you.

Ok,i went next door to go and speak to theparents,i just couldnt in the beginning i was so shocked at whathappened,but i went there yesterday to tell them what happened but theyalready knew but not the truth,mind you these are nice people but justnot very nice at the moment because they didnt evenhave thedecency to come over and say anything,they are justvery"ignorant" because it is just a rabbit ,a lot was said ummm on my partthat is,Brent is still sticking to his story,or all he says is "i dontknow" like duh,is he stupid or something,at that moment i wished i was15 years old again and i would have punched him rightin thenose so bloody hard,but as an adult i just cannot do that *drats*,Brentis not going to say anything,he aint stupid,hes a 15 year old kid andto kill an animal he must be very demented..he just has to be:?,but ijust want to know why,why why and how,but something inside of me issaying that maybe its best not to know as well,i said to the parentsthat i never want their kid on my property again,he is just notwelcome!!!

It makes me mad that noone wants to acknowledge what happened,becauseit wasnt a dog ,because it was only a rabbit,when are people ever goingto understand!!that rabbit was my pet:mad:,i kept saying that over andover to them,they took Baby for what reason,it was senseless...justsenseless,and they wern't even going to tell me that she wasdead:shock:,they just threw her body over their back fence:(,when isaid this the dad just said "but she was dead",:shock:i cannot believethat is all he said,what is the point,you just cannot argue withdemented people like that:?,i went home in despair.

i just cannot believe they just threw her bodyover thefence,i feel saddened just thinking about it,i have never experiencedsuch a thing before......they just threw my dead bunny over the backfence like ohh well its only a rabbit:(

I still feel sooo sad about losing Baby the way i did,its somethingthat you never expect is going to happen,she was forced to leave,thatis what makes it so much more harder to get over,i keep thinking abouther,and i keep thinking about that day,me and the kids called her andcalled her but there was no sign of her anywhere,Baby was gone,and ihad this sinking feeling that i would never see her again

I Want to say a big thankyou to each and everyone one of you,i really do appreciate it from the bottom of my broken heart.

We buried Baby in the back garden and i can see her grave from mykitchen window,and i just find myself gazing over at her,and justremembering the little things about her,ohh this is justsooosad:(

i just dont know how people can kill a living creature,howcould someone even think of such a thing,they preyed upon an innocentanimal!!

cheryl

therethere.gif

~ In Loving Memory ~

No flags were flown at half mast
when my little baby died;
no limousine to carry her home
no crowds of mourners cried.

But the world for me stopped turning,
my heart is filled with pain
my tears could fill an ocean
I want to see her again.

I want to say I'm sorry
to feel her lick my face,
I want to hold her close to me
and always keep her safe.

I wonder how to end this hurt,
to ease my troubled soul,
I wonder how I can go on
without her I'm not whole.

And so I pray to God above
to take care of my child,
say thanks that she was here
if only for a while.

And I will love another,
though she'll always be a part
of everything that's good and kind,
she will always have my heart.

I know that she is happy,
running in fields of gold,
and though I know she misses me
she'll someday me mine to hold.

So sleep my little baby,
your spirit now is free,
sleep my little baby,
you're still a part of me.
~*~

© Forrest Phelps- Cook
For my Skeeter
Reflections From The Heart

bigcandle_lit.gif

If you would like to light a virtual candle in memory of Baby, oranyone else, visit this site:http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm.

M.e, that poem is beautiful!

Cheryl, I'm so sorry about your neighbors. It still astoundsme that they would do that, even though they very well new that Babywas your pet.

thats terrible! i cant believe theparents didnt even care about what they did!! to bad that boy is so faraway...i would punch him for you:mad:!

I just told my boyfriend the story about Baby and he replied ' Scum bag, I'll bloody punch him'

My mum always said that 'two wrongs don't make a right', but they sure make you feel better!!!!

I was really sad when I read your story, it made me cry. I don't think people realise how intelligent and loving bunnies are.

Thinking of you and the rest of you your buns xxx

Awww m.e that poem was just the sweetest thing,thankyou for sharing it:tears2:

Naturestee..i just cannot believe it either,i never thought in amillion years that something like this would happen,why he chose to dothat i will never know,they were looking over my fence and then he hasthe nerve to say that he didn't know it was my rabbit!!,i felt likelaughing because how much more stupid can you get than that:?

peepoo..lol thankyou:)

parsnipandtoffee..i agree with your boyfriend totally,there are noother words for that kind of behaviour,now if my son had ever doneanything like that,i would seriously have a talk with him,because thatkind of behaviour is wrong..just wrong,it's senseless and its justevil,no parent should just let it go like that:?

Thanks heaps everyone:)

Baby Jan 6th 05-May 21st 06

you were taken away so suddenly from your family,just snatched away andim finding it a bit hard to get over because i had no warning.. youwere just ..gone.

I keep looking at the places where you used to hang out and i expect tosee you sitting there looking at me with those big dark eyes and thatlittle furry face but all thats left are the memories:(

The bunnies are all sending you their love,they are missing you as well,Lollipop will take care of you now my sweetie girl.

000_0794.jpg

cheryl

Oh Cheryl.. It makes me so angry and upset howpeople think of rabbits as worthless pets. If Baby was a dog or cat,things would be different between the parents. Who gives a crap if it'sa dog or a rabbit? It still breaths, eats and loves... Nothingdifferent but the perspective.

I don't know if any words can help ease your pain, but I just want tosay I do feel your pain. I wish you the best, and hope you are feelingbetter soon.

:imsorry

I just can't get over this.... I'm sodisgusted at these neighbors you have, and feel so hurt thatyouand your familyhad to go through this.

Is there ANY legal action that can be taken? anything at all? Police? SPCA? there has to be something!

Spring..that is why i love these little buggersso much,people still and will continously have the wrong conceptionabout them,but all a rabbit needs a bit of understanding,they don'trealize that under that annoyinglycute fluffy and shyexteriour isa personality and maybe an attitude that is justwaiting to be seen but all they see is a stupid rabbit.

This has been an experience that i don't want to go through again:(

aww just look at this girl,she was just over two weeks old here,she was just so cuteand she grew up into a gorgeous little girl
000_0138.jpg

cheryl

oh cheryl! i dont think i had seen her picture before...she was gorgeous!!!!!

i still dont understand how people just look at these cute littlethings and just thing theyre stupid wortheless toys:(...some people areso ignorant:X!

Back