My Bunnies are?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
Ok I was told they are dwarf and they are rather small but I am thinking mixed even though supposedly mum and dad are dwarf.

VERY CUTE!
They do have NASTY!!!!! Yellow Pee feet. I don't have them yet but my friend just got them today, and she says they reek but are healthy.

My Question is what breed do they look like to you, and what colors are these?
The itty bitty one is from the same parents but a different litter.
Something to take in too is the Rat ball behind them in some pics is a 7" one

Bnnies10.jpg

Bnnies13.jpg

Bnnies29.jpg

Bnnies40.jpg

DSCF5071.jpg

DSCF5075.jpg

Dec1809114.jpg

*and yes I know about the carrots, I have told her, she gives them anyway....
And the picture in the cage is not what they are staying in, they went in there when she was turning the bottom into a litter box hehe*

I'm not sure of the breed, but they are gorgeus! Which ones are you getting? It's actually ok to feed them carrots, as long as it's in moderation. Mine get carrots once or twice a week :)

Bnnies13.jpg

My best guess is just Dwarf mix. The colors from left are; Chestnut, Black Otter, Fox (tort otter), and Black Otter.

Do you have any better side-shot photos of the fox that I could use for my coat color genentics class?

Thanks!

Pam

Thanks!

Well they are still kinda on the young side and that was the second Carrot she had given em >_<

All 4 are mine. I was only supposed to get the bigger three, but the 4th one was added in. :D

Once they get here *the 23rd* I'ma bathe em and take individual pictures. I'll try to get some real good ones for you Pam.

Oh all four! Lucky you!
Make sure boys and girls are separated once you get them ;) You probably already know that but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who will leave them all together!

irishbunny wrote:
Oh all four! Lucky you!
Make sure boys and girls are separated once you get them ;) You probably already know that but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who will leave them all together!
Hehe yeah I know to get them separated lol
No babies here, they will be fixed when the right age too.
One of the Blacks is a Girl and the other two bigger ones are boys. Not sure on the itty bitty one though.

They're adorable! Congrats and I can't wait to see more pics!

I just had to add, I saw you mentioned bathing them. Is there a reason they need to be bathed? Poopy butt maybe? Otherwise, I'd really advise against it! Buns are self cleaning ;-)

elrohwen wrote:
They're adorable! Congrats and I can't wait to see more pics!

I just had to add, I saw you mentioned bathing them. Is there a reason they need to be bathed? Poopy butt maybe? Otherwise, I'd really advise against it! Buns are self cleaning ;-)
They do have NASTY!!!!! Yellow Pee feet. I don't have them yet but my friend just got them today, and she says they reek but are healthy.

From the first post I did. ;)

If a bunny is Smelly or has yellow feet that aren't supposed to be yellow, to the tub they go. :D

I believe you want to bath them because your friend says they smell like pee?

I have taken in a couple of rescues and they did smell pretty bad too. But by just living in a clean cage they started smelling better very quickly. A good clean environment and good food is the best way to make a rabbit smell better! (all food changes should be done gradually though!)

If their feet are stained that is okay. As the new fur will grow in, the fur will be lighter. And the fur on my guys feet is sort of beige and looking at the picture of your guys, their feet aren't that bad.

They are very cute though. Please post more pictures when you get them home!

-Dawn

That also I normally bathe everything that come in here. *at least one bath, then after then clean critters don't get any bathes. But if they smell too bad, then I can't have them inside because my roommate has sensitive smell and lung issues. (I think she is crazy but she'll cause more trouble then I want) so a small bath won't hurt them. I know all the precautions and everything.*

When they get here I will be posting their cage set ups and lots of pictures of them.

ive seen rabbits go into shock from bathes and ive heard stories of them never comin out of it. Rabbits don't really need baths. if you can sprinkle baking soda powder on them and rub it in their fur itll help take out some of the smell-make sure to wipe it off too though.
and like said, cleaner envirement and theyll clean themseolves up and be smellin like a bunny in no time

Rabbits do not like bathes, and it can remove things from their coat that protect them. ;)

I really advise that you not bathe them. ;) If they have yellow feet, simply take a mixture of vinegar and water and rub them down. A small bath will hurt them, in the sense they do not like bathes, nor do they need them. ;) Rabbits are very clean creatures, and bathe themselves. If you/your roomate can't deal with their smell, them perhaps you shouldn't get them? Because they will constantly smell like bunny. ;)

Will they be living in seperate, large cages? If so, that will help to keep them cleaner, because they won't all be crammed into one cage where they will be poohing and peeing constantly. ;)

Emily

mistyjr wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Rabbits do not like bathes,

Emily
That ain't true. My old rabbit loved Baths, Swimming around in the bath tub

The majority of rabbits do not like bathes, and they should not be given bathes. It takes things out of their coat that provides protection to their coat and skin.

If the rabbits freak out they can injure themselves, or end up getting water in their noses and in their lungs which can cause them to aspirate.

Bathing rabbits is dangerous, and stressful and should not be done period.

Emily

I am getting my buns regardless I have NEVER had a rabbit have a problem being given a bath *Knock on wood*
I either do a gentle shower (I have a shower head that can be moved around on a hose) or I do like an inch or two of water. I mostly just wash them down with small animal shampoo that I make and then that is all they get unless they get into something bad and NEED a bath. *like if my mom's bf leaves an oil pan down (happened once YEARS ago).

and if they start to freak out or start to have trouble I stop the bath and of course don't do it again.

Edited to add:

My roommate is moving soon *thankfully* so it won't matter much after that. But Strong urine smells and things like that she can't handle. *meaning a dirty cage so my cages are kept cleaner then average*

Latest posts

Back