My Buck will ONLY hump me. -_-

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunaDarling

Reaction score
My sweet boy is about 7 months old and I have yet to have him meet his new girlfriend, we plan to breed them for multiple reasons. Our little girl is still getting used to her new home and we don't want to stress her with pregnancy before she is comfortable and ready. Our little boy on the other hand has taken a liking to humping Mommy, and only Mommy.
It has made my husband and I very curious as to whether he can tell and smell I am also female. Since he does not hump daddy (my husband) at all! Lol.
I have yet to get him a bigger stuffed animal, but he seems to be able to be slightly redirected to humping his stuffie when I encourage him, and more than less, lead him from my arm to the stuffie. This does not always work though and I would like to let him exercise and socialize in the bunny proof room with us without him at least nipping at mommy and humping. I know that because of his hormones he is going to continue to do this oinking and circling and trying to hump...but I'm wondering more if these actions are for a reason only towards me? Does he smell that I'm female? Am I just a bit closer bonded with him than my husband? Any opinions or sharred experience would be appreciated. I am not sure if redirecting him to the stuffed animal to release some energy, is going to really work or not. He seems to hump it just fine, with the exception that he will not instigate humping it himself, he will always circle back to mommy.
HELP. lol.
Thanks!

My rabbit is the same exact age and he humps me too. He has a stuffed animal and he will hump that. He prefers to hump me but he will hump his stuffed animal. Try the stuffed animal.

My 3yo bunny boy humps every living thing: me, my boyfriend, litteraly every visitor, my dog. He doesn't seem to care about the sex of the 'thing' he is humping, only that its alive. And all the bunnies I had also tried to hump other males/females (also females hump males/other females). So I think they really don't care. I think it is that he knows you better and is more comfortable with you. Or you just handle him more? But I am not sure, as I never had a 'picky' bunny. Although my current, most hump happy bunny likes my feet more than my boyfriends, and my dads feet more than my mothers.. not sure why :eek:
And have you put him with the female yet? Let him try? Because bunnies usally go hump right away when they see another bunny :') And stuffed animals have never worked for any of my 5 males . As far as I can tell they do like living things best.

Latest posts

Back