My Brothers Bun's Bond

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gezabella09

Reaction score
Following on from my raving on about how brill my baby lop Chop is my brother has got the bun bun fever.
Friday last week he bought one bun within was part of a pair then was guilt ridden so went back the following morning to get the other.

From what he tells me they are living in the same cage. One is grooming the other and the sleep on top of each other and from what i have read on here everything seems to be normal.

I got a very concerned phone call from him yesterday though worry about what might happen a few months down the road.

They are both boys and both still have all their bits and bobs. He is worried that as they get older then may start to turn on each other and it will mean separating them until they get done and then having to re bond them. I guessed that he would just need to keep an eye on them and if it does happen then deal with it then. Does anyone know how likely it would be for them to start to fall out and if show what he should do?

Thanks in advance for your help!:D:D

I tried posting this before but got no replies ...
Can anyone help?

Following on from my raving on about how brill my baby lop Chop is my brother has got the bun bun fever.
Friday last week he bought one bun within was part of a pair then was guilt ridden so went back the following morning to get the other.

From what he tells me they are living in the same cage. One is grooming the other and the sleep on top of each other and from what i have read on here everything seems to be normal.

I got a very concerned phone call from him yesterday though worry about what might happen a few months down the road.

They are both boys and both still have all their bits and bobs. He is worried that as they get older then may start to turn on each other and it will mean separating them until they get done and then having to re bond them. I guessed that he would just need to keep an eye on them and if it does happen then deal with it then. Does anyone know how likely it would be for them to start to fall out and if show what he should do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

How old are they? Babies always appear to be bonded.

Its possible for two intact males to stay bonded, but it's rather nervewracking waiting to find out if they'll stay bonded. Some will, some won't.

If they get neutered immediately as soon as their little bunny balls are visible, he can 'nip it in the bud'.

I'd take care not to have any other rabbits around. A third rabbit anywhere around the boys may be a catalyst for a fight.

EDIT: Give them lots of space -- hidey boxes with two exits, shelves, tunnels, etc, and as much room as possible. Separate at the first small sign of aggression, but keep them next to each other.

sas :clover:

Once their hormones kick in they could start to fight. It sounds like from your post they are not neutered so maybe they are at the age where hormones have kicked in. I would separate them until they are neutered and then try to rebond them after they have healed and have had time to get their hormones out of their system.

And.. they started fighting.
Well Domino ( i think he is the bigger of the 2 ) started humping Gizmo the little lop. He was pulling out Gizmos fur and nipping him as well. My brother has moved them into their own cages until they are a little it older. Once they have been done it will be a re bonding job.
My poor brother is heart broken. He says they still groom each other from through their cages. :(

Latest posts

Back