My boyfriend is jealous of my bunny (as well as my other pets).

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea. My husbnad and I were friends for 6 months before we started dating, it was the best idea because then when we started dating we were on more even footing and it wasn't all hormones going crazy. The basis of friendship has helped us through the years. It's good to marry your best friend. :)

Pets can be a great teller of character. I had an iguanna that had a 100% prediction rate of how a guy would turn out. If greensleves didn't like him, then he ended up being a not so nice guy. Greensleves LOVED Joshua even though Joshua is terrified of reptiles. Greensleves would run up Joshua's legs and sit on his shoulder to give him kisses. Joshua would be petrified and say get him off me. To his credit, even when we got engaged he never said I had to get rid of greensleves, but the arrangement wasn't fair to either of them. Greensleves hated being confined to a cage and Joshua lived in fear. I ended up giving him to a breeder who was thrilled to have a 6 foot, fully mature male who adored people. Apparently most of them get mean. Greensleves was my baby from a hatchling and around so many people and situations he stayed sweet.

Anyway, long story to say let Weston pick :p

Good for you, sounds like you are making positive steps forward. I agree to meet in a public place and become friends first. Now as not to totally date myself, oh well everyone knows I have been married for 42 years, when I was a young woman and dating, sex was a strict no, no until after marriage. That way people had to get to know each other and date first. Not that I am saying that you should wait until you are married to have another intimiate relationship,( I have kids and grandkids so am pretty liberal ) but to really get to know the person before you get really serious. I think that you are a wonderful caring and deeply loving person that deserves to have a friend, then boyfriend and finally spouse that thinks the same and adores you and your pets. Len has remained my best friend though all the years, and he is perfectly aware and understands the importance of animals in my life. Hey he is not stupid, he knows his place on the totem pole. lol

MiniLopHop wrote:
Good idea. My husbnad and I were friends for 6 months before we started dating, it was the best idea because then when we started dating we were on more even footing and it wasn't all hormones going crazy. The basis of friendship has helped us through the years. It's good to marry your best friend. :)

Pets can be a great teller of character. I had an iguanna that had a 100% prediction rate of how a guy would turn out. If greensleves didn't like him, then he ended up being a not so nice guy. Greensleves LOVED Joshua even though Joshua is terrified of reptiles. Greensleves would run up Joshua's legs and sit on his shoulder to give him kisses. Joshua would be petrified and say get him off me. To his credit, even when we got engaged he never said I had to get rid of greensleves, but the arrangement wasn't fair to either of them. Greensleves hated being confined to a cage and Joshua lived in fear. I ended up giving him to a breeder who was thrilled to have a 6 foot, fully mature male who adored people. Apparently most of them get mean. Greensleves was my baby from a hatchling and around so many people and situations he stayed sweet.

Anyway, long story to say let Weston pick :p

This is so true. When I first introduced my now ex husband to my horse he kicked him right in the family jewels. Rusty NEVER kicked so we were all shocked.

My two cats hated him too.

Think I would have taken this as a sign before I married the pitiful excuse of a human being *sigh*

I feel like I am starting to get my self-esteem back. I really believed that my ex was the only person that would ever want to be with me. But now I have guys who are interested in me even after I laid everything out there and made it very clear how I feel about my animals. I am meeting one of the guys on Thursday. He seems sweet, but kind of immature (even though he'll be turning 30) and he has already asked me to go camping with him this weekend. Then there is this other guy who I really have a good feeling about. He is my age but has been in the military for the past 4.5 years. Right now he is home and is working on his dad's farm. He feels the same as me and wants to take things slow. I have other guys interested, but if a guy sends me a pic of their abs, I don't reply. I'm not going to make a decision about someone based on their body...and i'm REALLY not going to make a decision until he meets my animals.
My ex just texted me wanting me to explain why I'm friends with one of the guys on facebook. He said he's still jealous and is still stalking my facebook. I'm so not dealing with this before bed. I'll respond tomorrow reminding him that we are no longer dating and it is none of his business who I talk to.
The fact that he did not respect me when we were dating is why we are no longer dating. And the fact that he is not respecting/listening to me once we broke up is sure ruining his chances of us being friends...

Good for you standing up for yourself! I would say skip the guy who already wants to go away for the weekend. Sounds like he just wants a booty call, and you deserve better. The second guy sounds like he could be possible. A strong work ethic generally indicates good character.

Re-building self esteem is a long process, but it is worth it in the end because then you can see all the wonderful possibilities for your life. You have so much adventure ahead of you :hug:

Sounds like you are sizing these guys up carefully. Good for you. Your ex will never have any idea what he lost out on. You are starting to get your self estemn back and realize what we at the forum already know. You are a wonderful person.

I'm not going away with him this weekend. Even though it wouldn't be just us, that is WAY too soon. I am meeting him tomorrow tho.
My ex went off on me again this morning and admitted that he is stalking my facebook. So I'm deleting him today.
I'm feeling really good. And the past 2 nights I have slept really well! :biggrin:

I got back from my date 2 hours ago. I wouldn't say it was a TOTAL waste of time, because I realized that I am not ready to date again, but the entire time I was thinking about all the stuff I needed to get done and instead I was on a date.
Lance was definitely a good ol' country boy, but he was just way too sexual for me. I know that he's a guy, but the things he was saying/doing were not 1st date appropriate. We were supposed to just go out for coffee, but we wound up going to his apartment to watch a movie. Even though it was kind of embarrassing I told him I was going to call my parents and let them know that I wasn't going to be at Starbuck's (since I did meet him online and I would want to know if that was my kid). I asked him to take me home halfway through the movie because I just wasn't enjoying myself. Oh, and he also offered me alcohol AND drugs, and it just made me wonder what his motives were. I told my parents about it when I got home, and they said they were proud of me. I'm proud of myself too. I've learned from past relationships that I have no obligation to anyone but myself (and my animals). I shouldn't feel obligated to continue seeing someone because I don't want to hurt their feelings.
Once I got home, I let Weston out (he was acting all annoyed that I was late letting him out) and I told my dog that I'm going to stick with spending time with males with fur for awhile. :p
It felt good knowing that my parents respected me enough to trust me and I respected myself enough to go with my gut and stick up for myself.

When I went on my first date after my break up, I remember just comparing him to my ex 90% of the time. My first date was a fail too though, the guy was practically going to tell me he loved me since he was so obsessed with me, on our first date! It was so inappropriate.

It's good you stood up for yourself and even asked to go home thoughout the movie, as much as I hated my date I stuck with it till the end, and I wish I didn't LOL. Wasted like 5 hours of my weekend. :p

I'm so glad you were able to stick up for yourself! That is horrible to offer someone alcohol and drugs when they are recovering. Did he know? Either way, totally inappropriate. You are lucky he respected your wishes, you would have been safer at Starbucks.

Very wise decision to stick with males with fur, they are your best bet until you are more on your feet and settled. That's great you are able to build more trust with your parents. Every time you make good choices it will become easier. :)

MiniLopHop wrote:
I'm so glad you were able to stick up for yourself! That is horrible to offer someone alcohol and drugs when they are recovering. Did he know? Either way, totally inappropriate. You are lucky he respected your wishes, you would have been safer at Starbucks.

Very wise decision to stick with males with fur, they are your best bet until you are more on your feet and settled. That's great you are able to build more trust with your parents. Every time you make good choices it will become easier. :)

He does know that I have substance abuse problems. It was hard, especially since he was offering me my drug of choice. Pretty much the only thing that kept me from drinking or getting high was the fact that I did not want to be alone with someone I barely know, while under the influence.
I thought about giving him one more chance since he did tell me that he would try and tone it down, but he also said earlier in the evening that he would wait until the second date to try and get into my pants.
There were a couple things he did that made me feel kind of violated, and it was the first time I've ever threatened to break someone's balls on the first date...

Unfortunately creeps seem to be dime a dozen no matter where live, gee wanting to leave it til the second date before getting in your pants what a charmer (not!) Really shows what he was interested in.

I'm so proud of you for everything you've done and know what you mean about only wanting to spend time with 'males with fur', if they're anything like mine they don't care what you wear and give unconditional love... oh and have no balls (well mine at least)

Good luck we're all behind you!!

Just a quick update.
I've been doing really well! My sleep has gotten so much better, and except for a few days where I've had a tough time emotionally, i've been in a really good mood. A week ago my ex and I got into a fight which messed with me some, but I tried to not let it affect me too much.
I've been talking to this guy, Matt, and we are really hitting it off. He's really easy to talk to and we have alot in common. We're going on our first date today. :)

But don't rush into anything, even if it seems to be going well. I wouldn't go to someone's place or let them in yours for awhile [like weeks] unless it's your place & other people are there & he could meet the animals.

Back