My baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studiobird

Reaction score
I was wondering if some of the experts here would have a look at my baby. While he was not pick of the litter, I opted for a coloured bun, rather than a REW or the Siamese... I adore him, and while showing might not be his forte, I thought I would ask here anyways!

This is Jethro, a Marten Sable Standard Cashmere Lop. He is now 13 weeks old but is 12 weeks in these photos.

DSCF1133.jpg

DSCF1132.jpg

DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1121.jpg

DSCF1119.jpg

DSCF1116.jpg

I am not planning on breeding at all. We have two show bunnies and that's all we'll have, so even if he does not turn out, he'll be staying...

He's a Standard Cashmere Lop (not a mini)

Don't you US folk have Cashies? You poor people! LOL! They are divine! Mind you, you have Lion Heads and we don't!

I've been going over the breed standard and it is all gobbledygook to me! His breeder thinks he is definitely show quality, and will mature out beautifully. The only two main points I see with him is that one ear sits back too far, the other is his head is slightly narrow.. but I knew about the narrow head as his brother was a boofer haha!

I am not familier with fuzzy lops either so am not sure about the comparison LOL! I will have to look them up and see. I should get some new pics of jacque to compare as Jacque is a champion already and is only getting better!

As for "boofer", it is an Aussie (?) term for chunky / bulky / beefy / etc. It is a bit of a coloquial (sp) reference I think.

He seems to fit his standard pretty well.
His head is only slightly narrow, but pictures of your champion "boofer" to compare to would help a lot. :)

and, what is the one thing we ALWAYS look at when dealing with lops of any kind????? Say it with me... The Crown.
This is where I would start to worry about him. It may just be all of that fur hiding it, but In my opinion, it looks to be slipped. He looks like his ears come out of the side of his head instead of off the top.

And still, I think that it would at least be worth a try to show him. Any rabbit deserves a shot at it. And if he doesn't do well, then at least you know you don't need to show him any more :)

Here are some photos of Jacque.

He hasn't been groomed well here, so he's a bit scraggly.. but it gives you an idea of his conformation.

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1089.jpg

Ear placement on both seem very similar? I'm not sure what you mean by slipped - could you give me some more information?

We are off to the first show this weekend. very excited.

He's got a great coat which is brilliant (his coat was better than his brothers, though his brother was a better head)

I am so excited for Sunday hehe.

haha, Are they Jersey Wooly / Lop Mix?? That's what they look like but he's very cute though! :)

studiobird wrote:
Ear placement on both seem very similar? I'm not sure what you mean by slipped - could you give me some more information?

We are off to the first show this weekend. very excited.

He's got a great coat which is brilliant (his coat was better than his brothers, though his brother was a better head)

I am so excited for Sunday hehe.

About the ear placement, Their ears do look the same, please disregard my worry there.

Good Luck at your show! :biggrin:Let us know how your boys do!

Latest posts

Back