My Baby Bailey is Finally Here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyBailey

Reaction score
yay! I finally have my baby Bailey! He's my first bunny in years and i'm just so excited. He's a tort otter holland lop. 2 months old. He still has his baby fur so he's sooo soft. haha. My boyfriend shane isnt too happy though. We drove 4 hours one way when we thought it was only a 1 or 2 hour trip. hehehe. Through downtown san francisco. oh well! Bailey was alllll worth it.

His baby picture from the breeder -

bailey.jpg

Exploring the kitchen -

IMG_1933.jpg

close-up! i think he was nipped before we got him, fur is growing though so, i think he's ok

IMG_1937.jpg

Eating!

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

More exploring -

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

How cute! :D Congratulations on your new little one!

How is he doing? Might be a good idea to hold off onany greens orsugary foods like carrots if his mom wasn't used to eating them, might give him some baby bunny mooshy poops :).

So cutee!

:inlove:

Aww, your baby is so adorable! I didn't realize you were getting him so soon, congrats :biggrin2: How is his personality? If he seems skittish, don't worry too much, all of my bunnies have been skittish or very introverted at first until they feel comfortable.

I've been more of a die-hard agouti fan, but the tort is definitely growing on me. It doesn't hurt that baby Bailey wears it so well. He's so darn adorable!!!

:inlove:

Jenk

awwwwwwwwwww:inlove:! he looks kinda like Montana's Macey:biggrin2:. he's sooo cute, i'm in love. another addition to my bunny nap list................:whistling

haha. yea. i got him sooner than i thought too. I wasnt really ready materials wise but i ran and got him a lil cage and stuff today so, i think i'm set. for now. lol. ahhh. but how do you litter-box train them? thats my next step

My Stuart took a few days to figure out the litter pan. Basically, your bun is probably peeing in one particular spot in the cage, and just pooing all over the place.

I put a litter pan in the corner where Stu pees (he had already picked the spot). Over the next few days, I just kept pickingup the teeny rabbit"raisins" and throwing them into the litter pan. He got the idea pretty quick.

I also put a different substrate material in the litter pan, different from his cage bedding. I think that helped him to distinguish where to do what.

Hope that helps! Little guys take a little bit longer to learn. When you let him out on a free run, try bringing another litter pan out too. That way, maybe he won't piddle all over yourhouse :biggrin2:. THe poops aren't half so bad...

Bailey is absolutely darling! I've never seen tort otter coloring before and didn't even know it was possible, but wow! He's a looker for sure. Congratulations to you, your boyfriend, and to little Bailey.

As for litter training, I don't know that I have much to add. I've lucked out with all of my bunnies because they picked it up so quickly. All I did was place a litter pan in their cage with litter topped with hay and they basically taught themselves. From my personal experience, with young bunnies I've found that they can pick it up, but that they often will poop outside of the pan as well. My younger ones still tend to poop elsewhere but use the litter pan exclusively to pee. I'm assuming that will change as they get older as well as when they're speutered. And, as always, never yell at the bun - they won't understand - but you can put their "accidents" into the litter pan so it gets to smelling like them. With patience, even baby Bailey can get the hang of litter training.

Good luck to you all and please continue to post pictures of your newest addition!

He is adorable!!

I agree, I would hold off on veggies since hes so young. If they get an upset tummy at this age it can be bad. Id stick with lots of hay and unlimited pellets for now. Once hes around 4-5 months you can start introducing him to greens and treats like carrots- just go very slow and do it one at a time. Theyre sensitive little buggers!

We have loads of info in our Library on Litter and Litterboxes, Litter Training, Feeding Your Rabbit, Bunny Proofing Your Houseetc. Feel free to have a look around!

Congrats! Look forward to seeing more pics as he grows!

Haley

Back