My AC broke!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, you guys work in a medical lab, and I workin an engineering lab. Eventually I'll make the change to the hospitalafter school!

I keep frozen pop bottles in my freezer all thetime we had very high temperatures for this time of year.in the 90 s.Mybunnies lay against them and it cools them down.bluebird

I have watermelon and pineapple in our fridgeright now, and I give those to Pebbles as a cooltreat. You can keep your water and other foods inthe fridge and bring them out as you need them. I just bought a cagefan that mounts to the side of the cage and it runson plug-in or batteries.

One thing you can do is place your bunny in thecoolest part of your house. For me that would be in thebasement, but luckily I haveA/C in the house.

Rainbows! :angel:

Thanks for all of your suggestions... andsupport. I am getting a new AC unit put in tomorrow!! So I should behome with Bayle and in a cool house by tomorrow night. I love myparents to death, but staying here is sooo weird, can't wait to getback home. I'm sure Bayle will be happier there too, he will have moreroom. I will keep everyone posted and will try to take more pics soonso you all can watch him grow too :) he's really getting big.

~Mandy

Dozed, it sounds like a cool job tome! I'm just glad I haven't picked anything up from my job-Hep C, HIV, syphilis, etc. Are you an MLT? I'vebeen looking at hospital jobs around here but the all require MLTcertification. It would take me a long time to get that as Ifocused on ecology, botany, and wildlife biology in college!

I am so glad to hear that ya'll will beback and chillin' at home by this time tonight. I had to stay at mymom's for a week and it wes really weird too. I felt like I was 10again lol.

Hug Bayle for me. What a cutie.

Tina

I know the feeling dajeti2! My mom seemed upset and was fussing at me when my bf and I stayed up too late LOL. Pretty funny.

No I'm not a MLT... I am actually a tech assistant 1, I just setup thespecimens, I don't actually read them. (i innoculate the slides andculture plates... and i also preform kit test like the flu, strep,rotovirous, hemocult, ect.) I am actually looking for a new job, or anadditional one, because as technical as this job is... they SAY a highschool student can do it, and i have a BS in biology and a chem minor.I just feel like I should be doing more.

I also wanted to let everyone know that we are all back home and Bayleis thrilled. We have AC in here now and everything!!! Sorry I'm justsoooo happy to be home :) and cool. Bayle seems to be glad to be backhome, but he's mad at us right now... this actually may be the firsttime I have noticed him NOT HAPPY WITH US :(. He was out of his cagefor about 2 hours tonight, maybe more... but that just isn't enough inhis mind apparently. He was biting at the cage trying to get out, andnow he is just sitting there staring at us :(... it brakes my heart.

I would let him out but we bug bombed the house and he has been tryingto eat the carpet and I just don't think that it will be very good forhim (or the carpet)... not sure what to do! I wish I could just pickhim up and hold him and give him lots of kisses, but he wont let meyet... I'm still working with him patiently on that.

Ok i've rambled enought lol....

~Mandy

Don't worry. He'll probably alwayswant out. Unless she's dead asleep, Mocha is always ready tocome out. She stands up and begs and chews on the bars abit. Sometimes she wakes up when I check on her and leaps tothe front of the cage, begging. It doesn't matter how muchshe's been out, she still wants to be out again!

I know how you feel with your job. I have a double major(Biology and Environmental Science) but my job is 3rd shift (HATE!) andis like factory work- lots of mindless repetition. At least Ilike the people and it pays well, but I've been applying elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind so bad if the little dude didn'tchew my carpet all the time lol... he's little right now so there isn'tany damage, but when he is older, i'm sure I will have problems.

Goodluck with your job search... If its anything like around here, its not easy to find a job worth taking.

~Mandy

Just watch out and make sure he isn't actuallyingesting the carpet fibers. He could get an intestinalblockage- it could require a risky surgery. Mocha has beenmore interested in carpet lately, too. I thump the floor andtell her no. If she ignores me a couple of times in a row,she gets sprayed with water.

Thanks sooo much for the advice!! I had no ideait could be dangerous for him, of course I didn't think it was good forhim either. I always try to stop him when i see him doing it, but itlooks like its time to get a squirt bottle :(...

Thanks Again!
~Mandy

Latest posts

Back