My 2 new holland lops!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydaw_95

Reaction score
zyra1.jpg

This is zyra my doe

sugerbaebae.jpg

sugarbaebae2.jpg

This sugar baebae my buck

You should include prefixes on the rabbits when posting them on websites. I know the breeder. It's really a matter of respect to the breeder, and leaving off prefixes is often looked at as disrespectful. :)

They are very cute rabbits. You are lucky you snagged them up! Good luck with them.

I am not trying to be disrespectful I am just kinda new at this so i do not know everything like that. Would the prefix be like Keeps sugar baebae and keeps Zyra??

Erins Rabbits wrote:
You should include prefixes on the rabbits when posting them on websites. I know the breeder. It's really a matter of respect to the breeder, and leaving off prefixes is often looked at as disrespectful. :)

They are very cute rabbits. You are lucky you snagged them up! Good luck with them.
I almost never use prefixes while posting on here....and I don't think most breeders really worry about it.

I do use prefixes when I'm advertising on my website (once I get it up and running again) - or when I'm talking about them as far as shows, etc.

But to just show off my new rabbits - I don't worry about it here...I don't think any of us really do that.

I've had a couple of pm's about prefixes so I thought I'd explain for non-breeders and newer breeders.

Whenever a breeder has a website (or makes up a pedigree for someone) - they usually list the "prefix" of the rabbit on the website or pedigree.

For instance - I got my flemish giants from Jack Langely - (four of them) - so they would be either Langely's Sophia, or Jack Langely's Sophia or JL's Sophia (I need to contact him to ask what he uses as a prefix).

My rabbitry is going to be called "Tiny's Texas Legends" so babies that are born here will be "TTL's" or "Tiny's Texas Legends' Baby 1", etc.

So for instance - my website / pedigree would give credit to the breeder by stating:

Langely's Hermes (sire)
Langely's Sophia (dam)
Tinys Texas Legends' Baby A

Hope that makes sense...

If you're a pet owner - you don't have to worry about prefixes - its mainly done among breeders to give credit to the breeder who created / bred the rabbit.

~~~~

As a side note - there will be times when someone buys a doe that is bred or breeds a doe with someone else's buck. In those cases....the prefix is decided upon between the two breeders. For instance - if I bred a doe with Jack Langely's buck - the agreement could be that the litter has his prefix - or he could tell me to use my own prefix since they're being born here. I once bought a bred doe from Mossy Possum lionheads and was going to use her name on the babies and she told me to go ahead and use my rabbitry name - since they were born here, etc.

Back