My 1 month old Netherland Dwarf escaped!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmaa

Reaction score
Maple, my bunny which I got on June 1st escaped today (I don't know how, I must've forgot to lock one door) and she managed to squeeze past a hole in my fence which separated my garden from a garden-in-construction. Luckily, when she got to the other side, she couldn't get out because there was scaffolding wire all around her. I think she escaped at about quarter past seven which means she must've been gone for at least a good 40 minutes. I only realised that she had gone missing when I went outside to put Maple and her companion (Bambi) in hutch and secure the night lock because it was their bedtime. Seeing that only Bambi was in the run, I looked around frantically for Maple and looked everywhere for her (even next door!). Just as I had decided to give up, I caught a glimpse of a brown and white figure running fast past the trees that separated us. I felt over the moon to finally find her and found that I was too relieved to feel angry at her or scold her. After that unfortunate day, I will be buying extra locks and keeping an eye on them 24/7! :) If you have any rabbit escape or funny stories, please let me know, I would love to hear them! - Asmaa

I have recently had a litter of Flemish giants born which are now 7 weeks old, and one cheeky girl called princess would sneak through an undetected hole everyday and have a blissful time in the orchard. I couldn’t find the hole, and would have to take her back home everyday, until one day she snuck back through the hole and I caught her in the act! Now the hole is fixed and she gives me evil look when she wants to get out:rolleyes: what an adventure and what a naughty girl!

I had a rabbit when I was a kid who lived in our garden permanently.. because once I let him out I couldn't get him back into his cage and gave up. Anyhow, he loved to dig and dug holes under our fence and would escape and eat the flowers of our neighbors, who were very upset with me and once I got a call to come get my rabbit. Or did they return the rabbit? I can't remember now. Now that I have grown flowers like tulips which only blossom once a year and stay open for like a week I can imagine how my neighbor must have felt lol.

Latest posts

Back