Music...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaliQ

Reaction score
I had read prior to obtaining our bun that bunnies do not like a lot of electric noises. We found that our bun also does not like loud music. The first time she ever thumped at us was when there were hip hop/rap videos on the tv (we also thought she might be mad at us for blocking her access to behind the couch :grumpy: because she did it again when the tv was turned off). There have now been two occasions where she has thumped at my husband and I separately when music was playing. At the moment however there is music playing and she is okay. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this or if there is a particular type of music your buns like/dislike.

Sometimes I sit on the floor and play guitar. Ever since he was a baby panda has loved this! He gets really excited and super active, running around me, and jumping up. Maybe rabbits only like folk music, and not hip hop! :biggrin2:

Mine like softer kinds of music like classical, celtic, billy joel etc. They get mad at heavy metal or anything too abrasive. I'm guessing it hurts their ears. Every day when I am at work I leave the radio on a soft rock channel very softly. I think it keeps them calmer because they don't startle at noises outside, like a low background white noise.

They also don't like explosions, gun fire, or sirens on tv. They like the comidies and romance better :)

Mine doesn't seem to care about music at all. My fiance used to be in a few bands and would be practicing guitar a lot. We're metal heads and always have music playing somewhere.
Oh! And we play rockband right in front of his cage and he never minds that either, maybe we're lucky.

Are you sure Peppy can hear? Just kidding. :p

Ironically it is my special bun that is more sensitive to some kinds of sounds but we are pretty sure at this point she can't hear. I think it is the vibrations that upset her, the rhythem of the music may sound like thumping from the other buns? When I go into the room I can talk until I'm blue in the face with no reaction. I pat the floor and she will hop right over to me. So I pat the floor when I come into the room so I don't startle her.

Haha, he comes tearing at you when you call his name, so I know he can hear.
The only thing he protests against is the bass so we turn that down on our speakers.

Yes, the bass is the worst. That's what I've been hearing from my neighbor, whose doing some work on their porch & HAS to have the music loud enough they can hear is over the hammering, sawing etc.

Mine have the radio left on for them when I'm at work during the day. Also when I was away I told the bunny sitter to just leave the radio on for them. It's a Top 40 station so it's nice music.

Spoilt Bunnies.

Susan:)

I have to say, if the music is TOO loud my bunnies will hide. But we found a volume that we can have the stereo on and no bunnies hide. Actually they have been enjoying every Sunday, "Breakfast with the Beatles". Plus allthe bunnies all like the music from the Harry Potter movies.

Plus when we leave, the radio is always on for Jake and the bunnies.

K:)

Mine love Rock music, it seems to calm them down a bit. The also like Classical too. :) I always have music on when I'm taking care of them, at first they weren't a huge fan of it but really like it now. :)

Mine love Rock music, it seems to calm them down a bit. The also like Classical too. :) I always have music on when I'm taking care of them, at first they weren't a huge fan of it but really like it now. :)

She doesn't mind music or the tv the majority of the time. The only time she has reacted is when I am watching horror movies. The last time I watched Halloween she would not come out of her room. She wears ears of caution on other movies like Psyco or other scary stuff but does not go into her room.

My bun loves the nature channel on satellite TV which I leave playing all night, she watches TV with us which makes me chuckle, but if I raise my voice she will thump her foot until I tell her it all right.

SweetPeasMom, we think our bunny watches tv, too! Just last night she was laying flat on her stomach facing the tv and it really looked like she was watching. What's funnier is that she's named for a female tv character who is Canadian and plays hockey :) There's been other times we've seen her sitting like this. She also seemed to be watching my husband play Halo. She doesn't mind the loud explosions and gunfire apparently.

KaliQ wrote:
SweetPeasMom, we think our bunny watches tv, too! Just last night she was laying flat on her stomach facing the tv and it really looked like she was watching. What's funnier is that she's named for a female tv character who is Canadian and plays hockey :) There's been other times we've seen her sitting like this. She also seemed to be watching my husband play Halo. She doesn't mind the loud explosions and gunfire apparently.

Same with Cheeni, she usually just sits and watches me when I play COD and the gun shots etc don't seem to startle her at all lol

Latest posts

Back