Mushy poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milindsaraswala

Reaction score
I have got 4 week rabbit male and female very young. I have suddenly this morning seen mushy poop dark red. I don't which one of did it. I check both rabbit Asshole but could not make out who did it.

I can see they running moving normal no kind of sickness eating and drinking water normally. I was giving them banana, apple, hay, pallets and some lives.

Now I am stopping everything other than hay and water. I keep eye on them for more poop. Today I am going to buy alfalfa hay.

But I need experience people suggestion what else I can do. Is it serious ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (1).jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (2).jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (3).jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (4).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-11 at 9.40.16 PM (4).jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2
Do you have a picture of the poop that you could post? Are they now producing normal fecal balls or is it still mushy poop?

Yes, please do not feed them the apple or banana, or other sugary foods, as this can disrupt the good bacteria in their digestive tract. Especially right now being babies that were weaned at too young of an age. If you are feeding a good quality grass hay, that is perfect to help with their digestion and clear up the mushy poop. You just want to make sure they are actually eating lots of their hay, and drinking their water well. Good quality grass hay is the best thing to help fix digestive problems in rabbits, provided the rabbit is actually eating the hay really well.

Well I forgot to take picture. I have clean it. Yea I have seen normal poop but from which bunny that I don't know.

Yea I trying my best to give them hay only nothing else. At the moment I am giving them below grass, I don't know they are good enough

1613377932102.png

That hay looks good. I think if you stick with that hay for now and not feed any of the fruit or other foods, that this should get the poops back to normal. Just make sure that both bunnies are eating lots of the hay, and make sure they always have hay to eat, unlimited amounts of hay, meaning they never run out of hay to eat. It's good to give them fresh hay to eat a few times a day.

If you want to feed a little bit of alfalfa hay too, I would only feed a small amount each day. It's best to start off gradually, where you only feed a tiny amount, maybe a large pinch of it, for a few days to see how they react to it and make sure it doesn't upset their stomach. If it doesn't cause upset, then you can gradually increase the amount of alfalfa fed each day, but I would still make sure that the grass hay is the largest part of what they eat, and alfalfa hay is only a small addition as a treat hay.

Then maybe in a couple of weeks when their digestion is back to normal and they are used to being in a new home, you can very gradually add pellets back in. Same way as the alfalfa hay, start with a small amount to make sure it doesn't cause digestive upset, then very gradually increase the amount each day, working up to the amount they will be fed each day. You only want to feed enough pellets, where they are both still eating a pile of hay the size of their body each day. If they start eating less hay than that then I would reduce the pellet amount.

What to feed baby rabbits for their diet

Back