Mushroom and EC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jemm and Carlysoup, it is always great to hear I am not the only one who can't stand his cuteness!

Mushroom's vets just called. His EC titre test came back a very high positive. His vet is recommending another 30 day dose of panacur starting immediately after his first 30 days are done. I am feeling a little bit deflated and scared. Is it normal for the titre to be that high halfway through treatment? It also isn't helping that money is tight. I applied for a bunch of part time jobs tonight and am going cross eyed. Oh boy :( I think I just need a good night's sleep.

Thinking about you and Mushroom. We haven't got much money either and I'm constantly worried Aria will get sick. I really hope things work out for you guys.

Thank you for thinking of us Middlemuse. Mushroom is my first bunny and I always dreaded him getting sick since he was a baby bun 5 years ago. I talked with my parents last night and they want to help out. I guess Mush has stolen a few hearts more than mine in his time
:elvis2:

Things look a lot brighter today - it is amazing what a good nights sleep will do! I am just going to focus on all of the positives of the last few weeks because Mushroom has done way better than I could ever imagine. I love him so much. He is such a strong little guy and it has been really inspiring to watch how far he has come. He is consistently drinking and eating his hay and pellets everyday, gaining the few grams he lost back, and trying to find out ways out of his pen!! (He used to be free run and I can't wait for him to get back to this).

I started an instagram for him because work is slow right now and I spend all of my time taking care of him - so I figured, why not :wiggle @mushroomthebunny

Aw geez, he's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. What a fuzzy little morsel! How could your parents NOT want to help with such a cutie?

Sorry for the lack of updating! We had family over, I have been applying to jobs and going to interviews, on top of taking care of little Mushball. I started an instagram account for him though, so there are daily updates there!

Mushroom has been doing very well. He is about to finish his first course of 30 days of panacur (tomorrow) and start right into the next 60 days. He will be done his meds Oct 3 unless his next e cuniculi titer is high. He is such a sweetie and has been acting like his old self - except a little bit more cuddly (cant tell if thats the metacam or all the extra attention hes gotten this month!).

I will keep updating when I can, but so far so good! GO MUSH!

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I just wanted to let everyone know that Mushroom's EC is in remission, and he finished his meds (after 60 days!) almost a week ago now. He was very happy to see his old, and freshly bleached, stuffed buns, and to be able to run around his room once again! I am thrilled for him!!

Hi everyone!!

Mushroom will be going in for his 6 month checkup pretty soon. But so far, so good! He has been off panacur since september and no sign of the EC!!! The only symptom he has developed is a brown tinge in his pee. I am hoping the vet has an answer to what it could be. We did test his kidneys before and they came out perfect, so that put me at ease a bit.

Either way, I continue to be so proud of my little guy!! Sometimes I look at him and can't even believe he was ever as sick as he was. I am so happy and feel very lucky to still have him around.

Screw EC, let's keep kicking its butt!!!!

unnamed.jpg

Back