Murphy pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest thing with the ears is you have to becarefull that they dont get bit by other rabbits so they probably needtheir own cage or at least their own space, untill you know for a factthat the other rabbit knows that those are part of the english lop andnot a toy. LOL. Takes a while for the english lops to learn this aswell. I have some that play with their ears, they pick them up in theirmouth and through them around, and run around with them. It realy isfunny. The other thing that you need to pay attention to is theweather. They do fine in heat, but in the cold they do horrible. Theycant be outside during the winter because their ears can freeze. Wekeep our rabbitry heated to just abbove freezing and we keep them dryand they do fine. The rabbits learn how to walk without stepping ontheir ears, and they LOVE to have their ears played with. I can tietheir ears in a bow. Their ears come in different lengths, widths,textures, and thicknesses. They are soppose to be at least twenty oneinches but sometimes they are less than that, if they are less thenthey cant be shown. They can be as long as you can get them. Last yeara english lop from california won the guiness book of world record forits ears. They were 31 inches. I got to see the rabbit at the arbaconvention. It was only four months old at the time so its ears werentfull grown yet!

Other than that keep their cages clean, dry and out of the below zero and they are fine.

On english lops you also need to check their breast bone and make surethat it isnt deformed. It is sometimes a comon problem, but mostbreeders do their best to keep it out of their lines.

Oh something else funny..... The ears are soppose to be wellbalanced with the rabbit. LOL

Beware if you ever met one you will instantly fall in love and have to have one! LOL

That is so great! I will have to stay away fromthem for the time being because I don't have anymore room!!But......There's always a way :cool:! They are really neat animals.Thanks for sharing the information Showrabbits it was definetelyinteresting! :shock:31inches??:shock::shock::shock:Thats huge!!

Fergi's mom

At your request, babydoshia, here's some pictures of my baby.

This is her "I'm going to do something that Ihope you don't see" look. This was in Fauna's cage.She adores Fauna and loves going in her cage for some strangereason. It's way too small, but she will hop in or on top ofit whenever she can.

Murphy is gorgeous with his big ears.

I like the pictures of Cali in Fauna's cage, its hilarious how she actually fit in the little wooden house,

Boy, did she regret that, AnnaS, but she's triedit again. Almost got herself stuck the last time she didit! She really thinks she's just a bitty thing.

Carolyn wrote:
Boy,did she regret that, AnnaS, but she's tried it again. Almostgot herself stuck the last time she did it! She really thinksshe's just a bitty thing.
What a character! She's adorable!

You best keep a close eye on these big bunnies, I might nap one of 'em! :p

Fergi, don't tempt me!!!!!

And Carolyn, those pictures just make me want to bunnynap her! ;)

Seriously, I really, really, really want a Flemish. They just seem like the perfect breed for me. *sigh*

Not sure that I would ever be without a Flemish now that I have one.

Thanks for the compliment, babydoshia. She and Murphy would've had wonderful babies, but she's fixed.

No one will ever nap my bunnies from me!

This nose, JimD?

babydoshia,

I'll definitely measure them when I go home tonight. I know they rival Fauna's waterbottle! :shock:

-Carolyn

OH OH OH finally I found some more shots of mybrand spankin new niece Cali-girl, she is soooooo gorgeous, and thosechipmunk cheeks are so kissable! I luv her Carolyn, she rivals JezebelI tell ya. (Don't you be telling her that though, goes straight totheir ears *grin grin*)

My baby has lace ears!! How wonderful, see, I knew she was special-shehas all these characteristics..a built in scarf, a 'skirt', ticking (alittle like a very expensive mattress), and now to find out LACE..WOOT

Any Babydoshia! You have such a handsome little manon yourhands, andtoo bad my girl is no longer a full girl-ohhhhhhhthe children.......the attitude and personality theoffspringwould of hadcould compete withthe most darling diva's of allbunnyhood

Cher

Babydoshia and Cher,

I knew I was going to be on the phone for a while, so I opened up apaper bag in the living room...it was 'Cali'fornia Time, so she was outand about.

Cali came into the living room. I'm chatting away with my friend - watching her, but keeping up with the conversation.

She goes into the bag and start digging her way to her Sistas: Jade and Jez, who will soon be returning to China.

She gets going so much that she Flips over in a binky -- head in bag.All of the sudden, all I see is Ears and a Twitching Nose.

I was laughing so hard -- my poor friend was frustrated. I tried to getback on track to the conversation, but Cali headed back into the bagand did the same thing over again.

Needless to say, my poor friend got frustrated with my laughter andlack of concentration to the day's events - which were quite minimal inthe scheme of Life - and said good-bye.

Oh...these rabbits get me in trouble!

If you could've seen Cali in that bag flopping around, I swear, mostpeople on this forum would've laughed. It's hard to ignore a Flemish inyour living room.

:)

-Carolyn

Oh, you have to do it, babydoshia.

It way hysterical.

Open up a bag for Murphy, and then sit back and enjoy the show.

:)

-Carolyn

Back