Murphy pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
Since everyone seems to be in photo mode lately, I'll join the club and post some new photos of my little butthead.

Sorry, they aren't the greatest.

1111111.jpg

Look at those cute ears :)

11111.jpg

Going into the closet

111.jpg

Bad pic of me and him (he wouldn't stay still)

11.jpg

Murphy sniffing my pants and munchin on em :p
1111.jpg

Nilla wanted her pic taken too, so here she is.

Murphy looks absolutely sweet. He is a Flemishright? It kind of looks like you came and stole my new Flemish Ben andposted pics of him LOL! How old is he now? I hope that you are able tofind a workable solution to his aggression. Like with any child orteenager, persistance is the key. :D

Great Pics :D

Fergi's mom

Yep, he's a Flemish. He's 4 months oldnow. I think I've got the agression thing worked out (how I'mgoing to handle it at least). He should be ok.

I dont think I've seen Ben. Do you have any pics posted ofhim? (I'm sure you do, I've been away alot lately, sorry)

Yep, I have a couple of them posted. My Avaitaris a pic of him also. I think he is about three and ahalfmonths old now, not positive although he has a tattoo inhis ear with his B-day I think. Anyways he looks a lot like Murphy Ithink :D

47b4ce28b3127ccea8675e314d800000001510

Fergi's mom

Awww, very cute. He does look alot likeMurphy. Murphy is a little lighter though. (Thelights in my house are bad and always mess with his color in pictures)

Maybe it's just the way the picture is, but he looks very big. Do you know how much he weighs?

Wow murphy is getting some nice ears on him. Helooks happy! Dont get in the habit of calling him light;). Give himsome time hes got germain blood in him. The lines that he is out ofcame from germainy. He will get more black ticking, and turn a redcolor, like his mom if you remember her colering.

Fergi looks nice. He looks like he has some fawns in his backround. Whodid you get him from? He looks kind of like a rabbit from the Bush'sstock. He looks like hes got a good frame on him and realy nicecondition. He is going to be a big rabbit as well.

Keep those flemish pictures coming. LOL (You cant tell Im a flemish fancier/raiser can ya;))

Yea I think he's very happy. He loveshis free time out of the cage. He is getting darkerthough. His new fur comming in has alot more black on it (onthe tips). You can sort of see it in the first picture rightbelow his ears. That's his new fur. He is lookingvery nice though. His ears have little tips ofblackfur on them, it's so cute.

Just wait till he's full grown. He's going to be dead sexyand your going to be asking for him back Tamra. :p

HA HA HA I bet he will be too. LOL. Just my luckhe will turn out to be Best of Breed flemish nationaly. LOL. His momand dad has some national best of breed wins so hes gotprotental.;)I am always selling the wrongrabbits!:pOf course in your case I didnt realy sell murphy.It was the right choice though. SO far.......:pJK

Babydoshia,

I am not sure how much he weighs but in comparison to my holland lop heis really heavy. A couple of times I have tried to pick him up with onehand only to find he is to heavy to heft up like that anymore:shock:To me he seems to be growing in "leaps and bounds",just like all my babies seem to do :(

Show rabbits,

What is ticking? is that the darker tipped hairs in their coats andalong the outside of their ears? I only know that he is a Sandy and hismom was big and beautiful :D. I purchased him from a county fair from awoman who breed's Giants in Barnum, MN. I will be receiving hispedigree soon though and then will know a little more of his history.

Fergi's mom

Hi

Ticking is the dark hairs on the end of the hair. The black tipping onthe ears is lace. Keep asking about the pedigree. It shouldnt take along time for the breeders to send you a pedigree. She might of lostyour address. It is realy easy to do during the excitment of a show.

Sandies usauly have three rings. The surface color should be a redishsandy interspersed with contrasting dark ticking. The under colorshould be a brassy reddish intermediate ring. And then the under colorclosest to the skin should be a slate blue color.

Fawns are the flemish that are that straw color. Alot of times breederswill mix fawns and sandies to add color to them, or to achievesomething like the body type in one line or something. Sometimes thoughpeople wont know that you shouldnt mix the colors and will mix thewrong colors. Fawns and sandies are okay to mix as long as you do it inmoderation. Too much mixing and you will lose the rich sandy color, andlose the ring color. If you blow into fergis fur you should be able tosee the ring colors like I mentioned before. Fergi looks tome like he might have fawn in him because he kind of has light coloringtoo him, and not the red color that you usauly see with a full bloodedsandy.

If you tell me his ear number I may be able to tell you the breedersname if they show in open. Most breeders use their names or theirrabbitry names in their tattoos. Like my tattoos start out with IC formy rabbitry name, and then D or B for if it is a buck or a doe, andthen they get a number after that.

I hope that this helps. Good luck.

Good lord you girlshave some serious ears on your hands! :shock:The remind me ofthat part of the Dumbo movie when his ears unrolled! I love rubbingbunny ears. I bet you are so happy with those great big ones! Greatphotos!

Raspberry

DID SOMEBODY SAY EARS?

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="<PHOTO VAR imageWidth>">
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 14; font-weight:bold">EARS!</span></font></td>
</tr>

<tr><td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 12">MyEnglish Lops Good EarPics</span></font></td></tr>

</table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="1">
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 14; font-weight:bold">TL'sCutie</span></font></td>
</tr>
<tr><tdalign="center">
70467599.jpg
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 12">Well Iguess we know who was hogging all of the food. She was only about threeweeks old but boy she liked the food.</span></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 14; font-weight:bold">Angus 3 day babypic</span></font></td>
</tr>
<tr><tdalign="center">
70467582.jpg
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 12">This isAngus when he was only two or three days old. Angus grew up to have 27inch ears. I new he would be something when he was born with the fourinch long ears already. Usauly english lops grow their ears when theyget about four or five days old. Before that their ears are sometimesso tiny they look like mice ears when they are born.</span></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 14; font-weight:bold">Angus sevenweeks</span></font></td>
</tr>
<tr><tdalign="center">
70467525.jpg
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 12">This isangus about seven weeks old. Like I said I knew he would be something,and his ears are now 27 inches long.</span></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 14; font-weight:bold">wild billblue</span></font></td>
</tr>
<tr><tdalign="center">
70467503.jpg
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 12">This ismy herd buck. Hes got some nice ears on him as well. Twenty fiveinches. This is him as a youngster as well.</span></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 14; font-weight:bold">ears</span></font></td>
</tr>
<tr><tdalign="center">
70467467.jpg
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><fontface="verdana"><span style="font-size: 12">Thi isangus' brother and sister, Tawny and Hasanna. They have nice ears aswell. This is them about Six weeks old.</span></font></td>
</tr>
</table>

One of these days I will figure out how to postpictures better. Hey at least the pics showed up. LOL. These are someof my english lops, the other breed of rabbits I raise.

Okay I got to try this again. Finally found thepic I was looking for for you babyoshia. This is AJ and one of her sonsfrom her first litter. Her first litter she had four babies and all ofthem where boys.

<tr><tdalign="center">
70469288.jpg
</td></tr>

You picked my two favorite breeds of rabbits! Howcan you not love those long ears. Do they require any special care?They look so thin. Of course I love the Flemish as well, since I ownone. In the future I would love to own an English lop, they are justway to cute! Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures!

Fergi's mom

Boy, I really want a Flemish BAD. My husband saidno more rabbits...for now at least. We live in an apartment and betweenthree buns and two cats, we've reached our limit.

I can still want though, right?

Stephanie,

In my apartment we have two medium sized dogs, two bunnies, twochildren, and two adults.:shock: Thankfully I suffer from OCD so myhouse is still spotless!! I figure now that everything is in two's Ican be done for awhile! LOL! I just love love love animals! I think itis in part because I was unable to have any as a child. My mom wasreally allergic, so I have to have all the animals!!:p

Fergi's mom

Back