Multicolored eyes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! How common is it for bunnies to have two different colors of eyes? Today for the first time I noticed that my bunny has one dark brown eye and one icy greyish bluish eye, which is really pretty. She's a netherland dwarf and I've had her for about a year. The reason I noticed was because I took her outside for the first time today and I could see her eyes really well in the sun. I'd seen both of her eyes before but I never really registered they were both different colors! So, yeah... just wondering if anyone elses bunnies have two different colors of eyes :)

My mom suggested she might be blind in the icy grey-blue colored eye but her pupil is as black and prominent as in the brown eye.

My doe Sport has one blue eye and one brown eye. Here is a picture of her.

I don't know that this is a common occurence - and we actually only noticed it about 2 weeks ago and we've had her since late October!

Peg

VNess2010 wrote:
That's awesome!!

Peg- do you have a picture of Sport from the other side to show her blue eye??

Love it! So adorable!!

-Vanessa
I don't have one yet - I do need to take one. As I said, we literally just noticed it about 2 weeks ago - I don't know how we missed it.

She is an awesome bunny - I'll say her name and she'll usually wait for me to pick her up.....and she's just so darned friendly. She's gonna have great babies...I know it!

(I'm a breeder).

Peg

It's not quite what you're looking for, but Fey and Sprite (dwarf hotots) have two eye colors in one. Here's a good example on Fey. One of Sprites' eyes is mostly brown. For showing, they should be blue, but apparently this mixing of colors is pretty common. They're pets, so it doesn't matter. I like their eyes.

Full size:
o8rtbo.jpg

Just her eye:
o8rsyd.jpg

one of my bunnies, smoky has 2 blue eyes, very pretty, but unfortunatly one is very cloudy as she got into a fight with Belle who blinded her. her eye had to be stitched up and she was on medication for 2-3 months :(luckily she is better now though and back down in the barn with the rest of my gang!;):D

hi,

my rabbitsbuddy & prince charming both have half a blue eye/half brown there other eye is all blue except for a brown dot . the funny this is buddy happens to be the uncle of prince charming. buddy's brother blue buns is prince charmings daddy.i remember calling up the breeder who sold me buddy's parents when i noticed his funny eye color.his breeder told me buddy has moon eyes.i showed buddy under pet class at a 4-h rabbit show.boy people couldn't stop looking at his eyes they thought he had something wrong with them.the rabbit judge told people that happens.she never seen that before either.maybe we can show are moon eyed bunnies so people understand it's normal these things happen

take care

michelle

Hello again! Here are two pictures of her different eyes :):

dsc_0013x.jpg

dsc_0004x.jpg

I hope they aren't too big.

And lovely pictures of all your bunnies :D

Latest posts

Back