Mrs. Sniffles on Holiday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zarathustra

Reaction score
Perhaps ayglnu13cangive a bit of info as I know or rather think thatNimue wasjust traveling recently.

Mrs. Sniffles is going to her country home in DC from NYC. Weare traveling via amtrak which will takedoor todoorroughly 3.5 hours.

What should we do to prep her, extra greens the night before to hydrateher???? water on the way will be rough, is there anything we can do tomakesure she has enough hydration??? hmmmwhat else should i worryabout?Once she is there, she will have ahuge cageto go with her country setting......

The vet advised that it would be better to have her go with us than toeither be put in the Bunny-Day Innand everyone is leaving thecity for the weekend sono one was around to even feed her atthe apt.

hmmm..... Any advice??? Mrs. Sniffles thanks everyone in advance!!!!!

this is naturestee's husband. I have never hadto face this problem, nor am I versed in it by any means. But I haveseen a nifty device at petstores that came to mind when you mentionedwater problems during travel. It is basically a fold up tray that youattach to any commercial bottled water bottle that was meant for thesame predicament you are in, only it is for dogs. I don't know if thiswill help or if you can find it near you. I saw it in a petsmart store.
I hope your trip goes well.

thnx everyone for your comments. YeahI was figuring that she could have some Cilantro and maybe some greensfor the trip. She is out of the cage for hours at a timewithout going for a drink... so I am not too worried Alwayscare to err on the side of caution.

Hey!

One of the key things is to make sure she is used to her carrier and isnot scared of it. A couple days before you are supposed to leave takethe carrier near her cage and let her just play with it, ya know likego in it and check it out. After she has gotten used to it just beingthere bring her and the carrier to a different room that doesn’t haveher regular cage in it. And put her in the carrier with the door shutfor about 30 minutes, this way she will know that the door will be shutwhen you are traveling.

If you are not using a carrier...and ignore the past statement :)

If she is really stressed out you can give her some chamomile flowers which help calm the stomach :)

~Amy

ayglnu13Thnx.Yeah we have a softsided carrier for her. She has hopped intoit no problem previously -- going to the vet ect. So i thinkwe are ok on that one. It is close quarters so ithink that reassuring to her. But i will put her in ittonight and just take her to the other side of the apt to let herhangout.

Yeah i was gonna get some mint... it calms my stomach so i fig it would do the same to her.

ayglnu13Thnx.Yeah we have a softsided carrier for her. She has hopped intoit no problem previously -- going to the vet ect. So i thinkwe are ok on that one. It is close quarters so ithink that reassuring to her. But i will put her in ittonight and just take her to the other side of the apt to let herhangout.

Yeah i was gonna get some mint... it calms my stomach so i fig it would do the same to her.

Three and 1/2 hrs on a train should present no problem water wise.When we travel I will offer the bun water from a little shot glass periodically.If thirsty, she will drink or not, ifotherwise.Carrots good high moisture food.

Insert an old t shirt, un-laundered, into the carrier to make it smell good and homey and like you do to your bun. Lessens stress of travlel.

Buck

Latest posts

Back