Mrs. Sniffles has a Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zarathustra

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it it Mrs. Sniffles. Sorry if thisis a bit rambling or incohesive at points, but I went to the Vet today.My owners had me spayed. Now I am not feeling too hot, very sluggishand tired.

As to why I am posting, what can my people do to help me. I really donot have an appetite nor am I too thirsty after the day I have had.(Well I am not thirsty enough to get up and go get water.)

Mike (zarathustra) went all the way across the city to whole foods toget me organic dandelion greens, mint, and cilantro. He is feeding itto me piece by piece when I let him. (I really like the dandelion stemsand have munched on a few.)

He seems very concerned for me. As to whether I am getting enough toeat and whether I am getting enough water. When should he get worriedabout my water intake and whether I am getting enough food??? How mucham I expected to eat in this condition??? I am a very sore girl!!!!

Thanks for your advice for my owners.

Mrs. Sniffles, The Bunny Rascal.

May take a couple of days for diet to begin to get back to normal. If you have a syringe feeder, you might force feed her some water to insure she stays hydrated.Pedialite for children works well, too.

Some people force feed Nutrical to buns recovering from surgery. Comes in a tube, PetSmart/PetCo/most vets.Feed about an inch long squeeze.

Critical Care is a special diet concoction for herbivores that is also used in these circumstances.

I'd say you are not in trouble yet, just monitor her intake and output. You're looking for a steady stream of food in and poops and pee out. Things won't be normal yet, for another week or two. Just look for general improvement along the way.

For the most part, and most of our past experiences, the worst is over and things should begin to get better within another day or two. If not any improvement within that time frame, consult your vet ASAP.

If you're worried now, consult him now! That's all part of his commitment to you and her now that he has done the surgery.

Buck

Thnx buck....

She was out of the nest box this evening munching on the greensherself. I try to keep the greens fresh and sprayed with water so shegets a bit of water too.

So far I feel good about her recovery, I just wanna make her ascomfortable as possible and such. She has pooped several times sincecoming home and all seems to be normal. (we also found that she had awee bit of a parasite, coccidia, not enought to alter the consistencyof her poop but it was detected.)

Tommorrow is the day that I feels is critical. If I wake up tommorrowand see the water levels not really going down I am going to do thepedialite thing.

Its kinda funny, I think I spoil her more than i would a human. LOL.

Again thnx.

Thnx for asking.

She drank on her own today. She we eat greens if we feed them toher or oats. She could care less about her pellets today. Or that couldjust be the albon on there.

She seems to be getting back her personality. She was shoving my handout of the way so she could hop out of the cage. She has also beensitting on her back haunches grooming herself. Oh yeah.. she has alsostarted her burrowing back. We put a towel in her nest box and shestarted digging at the towel.......so we took it out.

Now if we can just get her to drink regularly and maybe eat a few pellets. LOL

The sweet little girl called it an evening as i think I will here soon.

mike

Latest posts

Back