Mr. Bo B Bunny, May I have your attention please?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Hello! I can'tremember if I welcomed you before,I seem to be a wee bitmentally taxedrecently which has been greatly exasperatedlately by a certain group of friends on the forum whohave been up to NO GOOD....However....I've noticed that you've joinedinto several topics and fit comfortably in. We like that! Do you have aphoto of Bo that you can share?

RaspberrySwirl

Well, I am not a MR. but my bunny is! :por was! his nads are now history!

No, you had not said hello but I took it upon myself to jump right intothe mix of interesting cross-dressing bunny photos of your adorableyoung man. (hehehe)

I do have photos of Bo. I have showed a couple and one is inmy avatar (it's titled: I SURRENDER lol ) I willattach another here.

I got bo, a castor mini-rex, at our state fair this pastAugust. A breeder had a bunch of bunnies for sale and when mydaughter saw them, she wanted that brown baby! She picked awinner! He's a sweetheart and very spoiled along with severalother pets we have (rat, 2 dogs, 2 cats, dove, fish).

Thank you for the welcome :) I really like it here! Everyoneseems very nice and silly, which I love to be a joker too.

Thank you! I think he's beautiful too!

That pic is pre moult.... post moult might be a while LOL!His butt is nearly black now and it feels like the finest velvet youcould ever get! I love all bunnies, but his type fur iswonderful!

When he gets snuggles and I am petting him, it's so relaxing for me too! I feel I could fall asleep! lol.

I know what you mean. It's actually theraputic(sp?) to pet animals. Mine don't like to be held, but they do lovebeing pet. So I just lay on the floor, my face up to theirs and petthem for as long as they want. I know with cats there is somethingcalled a "slow blink", which is supposed to be calming for the animals.I dont know if it works for rabbits, but I do it sometimes and they'llclose their eyes. I know they are toally relaxed and loving me if theyfall asleep with their eyes closed all the way like that.

Chernish closes his eyes sometimes too. He lovespets, he'll stop whatever he is doing to get some. But he does not liketo give kisses unless I really earned it.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Iseem to be a weebit mentally taxedrecently which has been greatly exasperatedlately by a certain group of friends on the forum whohave been up to NO GOOD....
Whoever would you be referring to dearest RaspberrySwirl?

*Straights her hale and smiles politely.*

[align=center]**************************************************[/align]
Welcome Bo B Bunny! Hop right in and join the fun. Beautiful bunny.

Stephanie wrote:
...I know with cats there is something called a "slowblink", which is supposed to be calming for the animals. I dont know ifit works for rabbits, but I do it sometimes and they'll close theireyes. I know they are toally relaxed and loving me if they fall asleepwith their eyes closed all the way like that.
If you really want to "communicate" with your buns on a level theyunderstand, take the time to peruse the following site:http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

If you can stand feeling a little silly, try some of the techniquessuggested and don't be surprised if the results are much more than youexpected. The creator of the site obviously had a remarkablesense of observation and is a real "rabbit whisperer" at that.

Buck

*squeals with delight*

OMG!! It's a little Henry!! This is my bunny... I'd say he's more Lynx than Castor and he's a Standard Rex.

Welcome to the forum... your post has lightened my mood slightlyafter hearing about poor Bunbun.

Oooooooo He's so cute! I wondered if Bowasn't a bit of a lynx color too but his fur is getting darker and darkundercoat..... I guess that's castor and lynx have the light undercoat?

How old is he? Bo is 6 mos :)

He's about 2.75 pounds now...... I don't think he's going to be a very big mini-rex male......

He's spoiled rotten! lol

Buck Jones wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
...I knowwith cats there is something called a "slow blink", which is supposedto be calming for the animals. I dont know if it works for rabbits, butI do it sometimes and they'll close their eyes. I know they are toallyrelaxed and loving me if they fall asleep with their eyes closed allthe way like that.
If you really want to "communicate" with your buns on a level theyunderstand, take the time to peruse the following site:http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

If you can stand feeling a little silly, try some of the techniquessuggested and don't be surprised if the results are much more than youexpected. The creator of the site obviously had a remarkablesense of observation and is a real "rabbit whisperer" at that.

Buck
US? feel silly? I think most of us sit and talk to our bunnies, and Ispend more time shopping for appropriate and nice greens for him than Ido my family! LOL!

LOL aren't they all!? ;)Henry is 8lbs and is huge! Well he is next to our dutch, Max,she's only 4lbs.

Henry has went much darker in winter, he's gone from his ginger colourto the colour in the picture above. We think he may go backto a lighter colour once the winter's over... not surethough. He's 9 months old, but we haven't neutered him yet...I so want more Henry's! LOL So I'm not sure whetherto breed him or not. A woman at my OH's work breeds Rex's soI could always get a doe from her... we want to get another 2 or 4rabbits and have a little adventure playground in a shed outside forthem! :D Rabbit mad we all are!

You've got a gorgeous bunny! They're just so cuddly with their lovely fur!

AnnaS wrote:
Chernish closes his eyes sometimes too. He loves pets, he'llstop whatever he is doing to get some. But he does not like to givekisses unless I really earned it.
I love kisses and I get the mouth to mouth, nose to nose, and my favorite; licks!

I have had bo close his eyes when I am cuddling him. Most ofthe time it's when I hold him and put a little blankie over him and rubhis back. He goes right to sleep and stays for about 20minutes.... then it's potty and play time! :)

Oh how fun! He's so cute! I like seeing another bunny like Bo! even if he's almost 4 times his size! :p

I would love to have more like him, and one day we will probably getmore. We are in the country but outgrowing our home so we arelooking for a larger place, more land and my requirement: 1 extrabedroom or nice all season sunroom (guess who that's for? lol)

Bo was that lighter color when I first got him...... he's changed somuch.... this is about a month from when he came home withus.

Welcome Bo B bunny. Bo hasreally grown a lot since you got him. I also have a mini rex and hisname is Nepo, he is 8 or 9 months old I don't really know. The peoplehere are really funny and bunny crazy:p.

Latest posts

Back