Moving With A Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I have learned a great many things in preparing to move. I am going to share a few with you now.

1. That stack of boxes in the corner are Not your belongings-Theyare the Coolest Rabbit Tower ever built and your rabbit will find hisor her way to the very top.

2. DO NOT pack an item before your rabbit has a chance to mark it.If you do, the second you are not looking, the box is going to beunpacked by your Rabbit so s/he can find the unmarked item and markit.

3. Never pack your rabbits toys that s/he doesn't play with. Bunnywill find the box and chew & tear it to shreds to liberatethose poor toys you stole. Bad Human.

4. That one stray pellet you find in each and every box is not to beremoved. They are you rabbit's way of insuring that these are indeedyour boxes and will not be lost in transit.

5. Do not get angry when your rabbit rips all the tape off the box.Time out in the cage will only reward you with a tantrum the likes ofwhich you have never seen before. S/he was only trying to help and tellyou, You can do better than that.

6. Your rabbit will find a way into whatever part of your home thatis off limits. Your rabbit is not being willful, only leading you tothe next space you need to start packing.

7. When your rabbit finds that stack of newspaper you are using towrap things in, and scatters it all over the house. S/he is only doingyou a favor. Now you don't have to leave the room to go get paper, itis right at your feet(literally).

8. Lastly, your rabbit does not care that you are trying to balanceyet another box on the already massive Rabbit Tower, you will dropeverything when s/he wants your attention. If you ignore this requestyou will ge a nip and a look that tells you " I rule this house and youpet me when I say you pet me."

I would add more but Master Apollo is letting me know that fun timeis over, it's time to get back to work. He has flipped a box to kindlylet me know I can pack better than that.

Tina & Apollo

Tina that waspriceless whata greatway to end a night!

Thank you for sharing.

Cher, Jez andJade

That was So Adorable,Tina!

I loved it.

I'm glad Apollo was such a big help. :dude: I don't know how you managed without him.

-Carolyn

Too funny!!!! Thanks for sharing those important tips so other can properly prepare for a move :)

Pam

Hee hee! I'll remember that next month when we move to Kirkby in Ashfield.

Henry will be kept in his hutch at all times... we've got him a littlecat carrier for when he's in the car and he'll be the last thing wemove so that he doesn't get upset and go in the huff with us!:D Henry and the fish are going to hate this move... it's atleast an hours drive!Fingers crossed the fishsurvive!

Oh! Oh! Oh!... ...Wait! Let me get myself together!!! Oh!Oh!!!! ...Oh, help somebody!!!

Going to print this out and put it on my door with the rest ofmy bunny writings....

Oh, this was PRICELESS!!!

Absolutely hilarious...should be included in the bad bunny list.

Moving tip from those who have made many, many moves. Packfragile items in kitchen paper towels, which you can later use at yourdestination AS paper towels, instead of newpaper, which you mustdispose of, creating another task.

Buck

[suP]We wrapped allof our china/glasses, etc. in our dishtowels and washcloths. Kepteverything safe, and we just folded them and put them away when wearrived and unpacked. Of course, my last move was just one mile downthe road, but I'm guessing the towels would cushion long moves as well.Another tip is to spread a bath towel over the top of your drawers withyour clothes still inside, and then tape across the towel. Drawer =instant box. Slide them back into the dresser and voila! Donethere.[/suP]

[suP]Minda[/suP]

dajeti2 wrote:
I have learned a great many things in preparing to move.I am going to share a few with you now.

1. That stack of boxes in the corner are Not your belongings-Theyare the Coolest Rabbit Tower ever built and your rabbit will find hisor her way to the very top.

2. DO NOT pack an item before your rabbit has a chance to mark it.If you do, the second you are not looking, the box is going to beunpacked by your Rabbit so s/he can find the unmarked item and markit.

3. Never pack your rabbits toys that s/he doesn't play with. Bunnywill find the box and chew & tear it to shreds to liberatethose poor toys you stole. Bad Human.

4. That one stray pellet you find in each and every box is not to beremoved. They are you rabbit's way of insuring that these are indeedyour boxes and will not be lost in transit.

5. Do not get angry when your rabbit rips all the tape off the box.Time out in the cage will only reward you with a tantrum the likes ofwhich you have never seen before. S/he was only trying to help and tellyou, You can do better than that.

6. Your rabbit will find a way into whatever part of your home thatis off limits. Your rabbit is not being willful, only leading you tothe next space you need to start packing.

7. When your rabbit finds that stack of newspaper you are using towrap things in, and scatters it all over the house. S/he is only doingyou a favor. Now you don't have to leave the room to go get paper, itis right at your feet(literally).

8. Lastly, your rabbit does not care that you are trying to balanceyet another box on the already massive Rabbit Tower, you will dropeverything when s/he wants your attention. If you ignore this requestyou will ge a nip and a look that tells you " I rule this house and youpet me when I say you pet me."

I would add more but Master Apollo is letting me know that fun timeis over, it's time to get back to work. He has flipped a box to kindlylet me know I can pack better than that.

Tina & Apollo

I have moved with 7 rabbits in the past, what good rules youpost. However we will soon be making a move, not sure whereyet, with 33 rabbits, 3 dogs, 3 birds and a tank of fish. I quite welldo not look fwd to all that, but will be great once we are settled.

However i don't think i will let the animals read the list because they might hold me to it :p lol

The Master has flopped into a nap so I snuck on. What a task master. We have learned yet another lesson-painfully.

9. Do Not lay on the floor for a small breather.A nicegrooming will turn into a bout of hair pulling until you are on yourfeet again. Your rabbit is letting you know you still have much todo.

10. If your rabbit retires to his or her cage to nap, you are not toshut the door. How can your rabbit properly help if not right therenext to you. Your reward for this infraction is rattling bars, disheswill fly, the litter box will flip and the POOP will fly. SillyHuman.

Apollo dictated our using newspaper. His newest addiction is to runaround the house with a full page of it in his mouth. He is being everso kind to let us use 'his' paper. Once the move is complete he willreclaim his paper.

UH OH the Master is awake and letting me I need to get back to work.

Tina

Tina, I love all the rules and tips formoving! I could just picture some of those things goingon. I hope that you continue being the good humanthat you are and do the things that you are supposed to do_Oh, and do not forget to pack Apollo's stroller and his 4th of Julyoutfit or you will be in the bunny house then! LOL:p Please share with us again when you can sneak afew minutes! Beckie

Oh what perfect rules! I just recentlymoved with my two rabbits, two cats, three horses, and mydog. Funny thing is the rabits are both the smallest membersof my family, and the most "helpful" while packing. Not tomention they were incredibly helpful by chewing up a few of my books tolighten my load :p.

Latest posts

Back