Moving to Ohio!!! Do you live there?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam224

Reaction score
DH and I (and Bender and Lily, of course!) are moving to the grand state of Ohio next month (yay!!) and thought I would ask for personal recommendations for vets in the area. We're moving to Beavercreek, OH, which is near Dayton, so anything with a 937 area code would be do-able.

I've already gotten a recommendation for a Dr. Burger at Beavercreek Animal Hospital from another bunny board, but considering this board is so much bigger, wanted to ask here too. (I've aware of and have already seen
ROL's vet list and will take those into consideration too.)

Also, I'm curious to know who on ROL is near the Dayton area? I'd like to know who our rabbit neighbors are! ;)

Thanks!

Hi, there! Yes, I live in beautiful Ohio, specifically Perrysburg (suburb of Toledo). If you are moving from Michigan, and take I-75 south, you will drive past my house cause our property backs up to I-75. ;)

Don't know anything about Beavercreek, though, except my former faculty advisor from my college moved there. I hope it's nice for you and your bun (s)! And a referral is usually the best way to find a good vet, for sure.

When are you moving?

Welcome to Ohio!

We are in northeastern Ohio, many hours away from Dayton. I think stargazerlily is in the Dayton area. Ohio State Vet School may be able to give you some names of good rabbit vets.The closest HRS people are in Columbus and Athens.

petalfuzz wrote:
Hi, there! Yes, I live in beautiful Ohio, specifically Perrysburg (suburb of Toledo). If you are moving from Michigan, and take I-75 south, you will drive past my house cause our property backs up to I-75. ;)

Don't know anything about Beavercreek, though, except my former faculty advisor from my college moved there. I hope it's nice for you and your bun (s)! And a referral is usually the best way to find a good vet, for sure.

When are you moving?
Ah yes! We're on 75 nearly the whole trip down there! ;)

The movers are coming at the end of this week and we have an extra week after that to get the last of our things moved out ourselves. My hubby and I are from Ohio, so we're happy to be coming back! :biggrin2: There also seems to be a good amount of bunny-crazy people there too! ;)

And I apologize for such a late response... RO was down, so I couldn't get on,and then we've been really busy around here! :p

Ann -- I'm hoping that we'll get to meet someday!

You won't be too far from me. You'll actually drive right through my home town (Piqua) on your way to Beavercreek. I can always recommend my vet, but that is a little bit of a drive from Beavercreek (I think about 30 minutes). Troy Animal Hospital with Dr. Peterson (she's the exotics vet). Also, if you check out this site http://daytonrabbit.org/, it has a listing of vets in the area, as well as rabbit lovers in the area.

Welcome to Ohio!

stargazerLily wrote:
You won't be too far from me. You'll actually drive right through my home town (Piqua) on your way to Beavercreek. I can always recommend my vet, but that is a little bit of a drive from Beavercreek (I think about 30 minutes). Troy Animal Hospital with Dr. Peterson (she's the exotics vet). Also, if you check out this site http://daytonrabbit.org/, it has a listing of vets in the area, as well as rabbit lovers in the area.

Welcome to Ohio!
Ah yes, Troy! That's where we *finally* found/bought my husband's wedding band! It took us 6 months to find the "right" one! ;) But you're right, it is kind of a drive. If we aren't happy with what's available in Beavercreek though, it's good to know that you're happy with your vet, thanks! And thank you for recommending that website! I'll definitely have to check it out! :)

Latest posts

Back