Moving to a different house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you could kindly give me your opinions on a small problem I have.

My boyfriend and I are supposed to be house sitting my boyfriend's parent's house for 1 month while they are overseas.

I had planned to take both of my bunnies with me and build them a slightly smaller version of their NIC cages there, along with all of their toys, blankets, boxesetc. They would be allowed to have supervised free run of the house, just like at home.

My only concern is that Layla has been sick with a respiratory infection for the past few weeks and is currently stillon antibiotics.

Do you think that such a move would betoo stressful for her at the moment?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. :)

It depends on the personality of your buns. My bunnies stop eating for a while when they move anywhere new, so I would not advise it for them. Other bunnies love car rides!

Hi jordiwes,

Thank you for your message. :)

My bunnies don't mind car rides as our vet is quitefar awayand they are used to going there frequently.

I was just concerned about the new house, as my bunnies have never been anywhere other than home.

Are there any other animals in the house that would make them more stressed out? Is your bunny really really sick, or is the respiratory illness being managed? How far is you boyfriend's parents house in relation to where you are now -is it a long trip?

I think it might be ok if Layla is pretty much acting normally except for the antibiotics she's on... although like jordiwes said - it really depends on your buns. Some are more resilient than others to changes...

I know my Misty wouldn't care, but it would affect me parents bun Cookie if I changed houses.... so do you think your buns could handle the move?

Hi HoneyPot,

Thank you for your advice. :)

The animals at the house (a dog and 4 alpacas) all live outside, so this shouldn't stress out the bunnies as they wouldn't see them.

Layla is slowly improving on the antibiotics. She is acting pretty normal apart from sneezing a lot.

The house is about2 hours away from where I am now. So I guess I could take the bunnies and see how they handle the change, and if Layla stops eating or is stressed by the move, I can take them back home.

Latest posts

Back