moving his litter box??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaityMac

Reaction score
this might not need to go under infirmary but i dont know what to do.
i've nticed that bunns has been moving his littrerbox out of the way and peeing and pooing in the area the litter box was. why is he doing this?

Ha Ha, smart, aren't they:shock:?

You will want to keep an eye on where he moves it. Chances are, this is where he wants it. Move it there (keep it where he moves it), and see what happens. If he pees/poos outside of it, clean the pee up with a paper towel and place it in the pan, the poos too. That should help alot. Let us know how it goes. You might want to add an extra pan in the cage or even outside of it.:D

Heh! He's smart, yup, but not sick, so I'm moving this to the RO forum.

He probably would just rather not have to hop in a box and contend with weird litter. ;) What kind of litter and box are you using? Seeing as he's going in the same spot, just without the box, tells me there's something he doesn't like about the box.

sas :)

Loki likes to do that too. It's a game for him. He uses the litterbox just fine when he's not in a mood to move it around. So I put flat, heavy weights in the bottom of the litterbox to stop him from moving it. Now I have a weight lifting bunny who still drags his litterbox around! :muscleman:

But at least he can't flip it over any more. Now that's a mess!

You can also find a way to attach the litterbox to the side of the cage, preferably in a way that still lets you take it out forcleaning. I've had trouble doing this because of the way my pens are set up. Oh, well.

naturestee wrote:
You can also find a way to attach the litterbox to the side of the cage, preferably in a way that still lets you take it out for cleaning. I've had trouble doing this because of the way my pens are set up. Oh, well.
Yeah, good point. I used to have to do this with BunBun. I used zip ties. We drilled holes at the top back side of the litter box and used zip ties on either end and attached it to the cage. He would lift it up with his teeth,but couldn't dump it or move it around:D.

Latest posts

Back