moving!!!!!! a few questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally with cookie

Reaction score
so our family has made the decision to move to alberta after a huge dispute between the parents.

so the trip is likely to be 10-15 days driving. a boat ride and who knows what else. its taken place in about 3 weeks to 3 months depending on if we can find the right house. so i have a very small carrying case that i think is animal crulety in a box and will not use it on him but am thinking aboutusing it on my budgies. its a good fit for them thankfully. so he is going to have a seat to his own but im worried about him. i mean atleast a 10 day trip in how knows what kind of weather. i dont know what kind of carring case for him and im sooo stressed about my animals. im not stress about moving but am for my animals. his cage is tooo large now since its a nic cage and will have to be packed in the moving truck. i wanted to use a 1widex 1 high x2 length but it wont fit in truck. i know its small but i cant think of anything. i dont want to do a 1x1x1 but he will fit in it and i will be able to see him. i really dont know. i can go buy something befor we go but i have more then him to worrie about and itsreally stress ful. any sudgestions? i could also put his harness on him with a least for those ten days but i'd worrie way to much.

will he hold his stools and waste? i know he did when we took him to a friends house for the day so im worrie about 10 days of it.

neturing him down here is 200 bucks but i've heards its going to be cheaper up there so should i wait till we get up there and get settled in to do it, or should i do it now so its not more stress when we get up there? i'd like to get him done up therenot cuz of cost but i have a feeling were going to be very busy with in the next few weeks.

any advise on this situation. anything that can calm my stressful situation will help us get through this better. i have soo much work to do and soo much stuff to buy befor we leave.

What about a largeish dog crate? You could probably find a cheap one on the internet or a thrift store. Or maybe do a 1*1 1/2 cube carrier or as big as can fit in the truck. If you have a Rona or Home Depot you could get a 2*4 foot piece of cloroplast for the bottom. If you are planing on staying in hotels, brings some NIC grids to make a pen so he can run around a bit. Always have hay with him and offer water whenever you can.

Or you could have him flown out and get someone to look after him while you move. It would be quicker for him and less stressful.

I would get him neutered in Alberta. Where will you be moving to, what city? Here in Calgary, we have at least 3 exotic vets that I know of and a neuter is not $200.

If it were me, I would be moving TO NFLD, not away from it.

yeah a large travel carrier should be good, the bigger the better.

Will you be staying at hotels every night? I would bring something to use as a run and his litter box so he can have a little run time each night. The bathroom works well for this too and you dont need materials for a run.

He will need to be eating and drinking throughout the journey. Bring his food and some veggies and bottled water. Leave hay in there with him so he can munch during the journey. He needs to be pooping and peeing as well. I would get a carrier big enough for a litter box, or else put down puppy training pads and be prepared to switch them out every day.

You need to be sure he's pooping throughout the journey. If he doesnt poop for 10 days youre going to have a sick (or dead) bunny on your hands.

Im sure it will all work out, take it one day at a time.:biggrin2:

im soo stressed about it. the pet carrie isnt very big but theres 5 of us piling in the truck. hotels/motels what ever we can find. he will be let out in the truck so im feeling a bit better.

Back