Moving 3 week old baby to new quarters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelbug

Reaction score
I am having my c-section this weekend and since baby Orko has his fur and his eyes are opened, I moved him to a small-dog sized cage with hay and some of the nest material. I put a hi-backed plastic potty in one corner. Was wondering what else to put in there? I will be keeping She-Ra in there with him to keep her separate from Skelly so she wont get pregnant again...

She-Ra is the mother right? If that is the case, then it should be ok to move them. As long as the baby with her until about 6-8 weeks, he should be fine.
Try to use the same nest material and even some dirty bedding so it smells the same to him and her.
Since babies are small, you should put something up to keep him in the cage. Cardboard along the edge should be fine, maybe 6-8 inches high should be good.
Since he is now the age where they start to eat solid foods, provide pellets and hay for him to eat. He probably won't be drinking water yet (still nursing), so don't worry about that right now, but be prepared to have water where he can access it soon.

Jocelbug wrote:
I am having my c-section this weekend and since baby Orko has his fur and his eyes are opened, I moved him to a small-dog sized cage with hay and some of the nest material. I put a hi-backed plastic potty in one corner. Was wondering what else to put in there? I will be keeping She-Ra in there with him to keep her separate from Skelly so she wont get pregnant again...
good luck to you on your new arrival!! :bestwishes::airborne:

you're right, She-Ra is his wonderful, loving, mommy! the cage is one of those metal dog cages that has the metal frame around the bottom, and its doin a good job holdin him in, he loves to wander around now that he can see. i didnt know he was ready for solids, does that mean i need to make sure that She-Ra is leaving some cecotrophs for him too? I have a water bottle on the side of the cage....thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Back