moved to a NEW place

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maomaochiu

Reaction score
well, the buns are moved to our new place now, and they are really curious, excited and timid. their cages are side by side. my question is: do i need to limit their run for a small area to start with and then gradually increase it so as they do not pee and poop everywhere?

also, since it is a brand new place for them, shouldn't it help them bonding? how can i take advantage of this situation here so as to facilitate bonding?

seems like maomaochiu is still being very bossy and DEMANDS grooming from tictac. tictac will groom him for 10-15 seconds and then run off, and he gets mad and tries to chase her for not grooming him forever.

Congrats on the new place! I'd love to see pics when you get a chance;).

I would reduce the pen size at first, then as they are getting along, you can make it a little bigger, so on and so forth. Yep, this new place should definitely help with bonding, but is sounds like Maomaochiu is a little turd. Maybe try this, right after TicTac runs away after grooming him, go up to him and immediately start petting him for a minute or so. This tactic "could" make him stop that. It's worth a shot anyway.

Good Luck!:D

thanks anglensnuffy!

would more petting from me encourage the little fart?? also, when will he groom her? he licks on me all the time, just never on her :(

Have you tried using treats to encourage grooming? I would crumble some papaya on Wildfire's head to encourage Zeke to groom her and vice versa. They would eat the treat, then continue to lick the other bun. Some people have used a bit of mashed banana too.

I would start them in a pen, then slowly increase their area once potty training/bonding is done.

--Dawn

i tried putting cheerios on tictac's head, and that just drives her nuts as she can smell it but cannot find it; maomaochiu will come pick and eat the cheerios and leave afterwards.

would papaya or smashed banana or yogurt mess up her fur if maomaochiu does not lick it andit is hard for her to groom there.

thanks!

Hmm, it does sound like you're in a bit of a rut with Maomaochui...

Your idea to use your new place is a good plan. Instead of letting them run free during bonding times, maybe let them have time together on your sofa with equal grooming - put both of them on the sofa together and you (and someone to help) cuddle and groom them both close to each other and encourage them to do the same.

Or, put them in a small space together where they can't run away from each other and they are stuck in the other's face all the time. :) A big carrier or a big box, a small pen or NIC area - and monitor.

If you're letting them have bonding time and they're sorta doing the same thing over and over, think of different kinds of bonding times you can have and switch it up. Bonding time in a basket on top a running washer or dryer (introduces a bit of stress and they are in a confined area).... etc.

I hope Maomaochui comes around!! :S

Nadia

thank you honeypot! i put them in a carrier and went for a car ride for half an hour, they were both scared, but no fighting, no grooming either, just kinda sat there.

Instead of putting a cheerio, how about you rub a tiny amountof juice from a piece of apple or pineapple or something. Instead of grabbing the cheerio and run, the bun might lick the juice off. Just remember to wash it off afterwards. Worth a shot.

I actually used a Motts Fruitsation unsweetened fruit cup. ;)My bunnies went nuts for it and it worked to get a stubborn bunny to groom the other.

Back