Move or send Mr. Lola to a nice home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welllll....I'm sitting here now - bunny'less. :X

Somehow the owner found out and we were told to have the bun out bylast Sunday. I called my sister and quickly took Mr. Lola upthere on Saturday.

I am happy to say, however, that he's doing great there! Mysister has a little dog (smaller than Mr. Lola) and a cat that reallydoesn't care either way. The kids are having a great timepetting Mr. Lola.

Mr. Lola adjusted really well in the transition. I thinkbecause my sister has visited often and played with him that he wasable to adjust. I thought for sure he would hide out in hiscage for a few days but he seemed to make himself right at home.

My sister's pup didn't exactly looked thrilled when Mr. Lola firstshowed up - but after a couple of days my sister let them startinteracting with one another and now they lay on the floor next to oneanother. I HAVE to get a pic of that!

Here is a pic of Mr. Lola in the front yard of the apartmentbuilding. I said screw it and took him outside for a lovelytromp in the grass. He loved it. The manager wasstanding there and saw me just boo-hooing quietly to myself I wasglaring at him. heh

100_0233.jpg

So now we are looking for a place to live that accepts pets...aren't easy to come by, it seems like.

~Tisha

:XWell I just can't believe that theyREALLY made you give up Mr. Lola ;it really makes me:mad::mad::mad::mad: I think that I could give up a rabbit tosomeone I knew and trusted,(like your sister?) or someone that I reallyknew was a wonderful bunny owner but I doubt that i could give him upif I wasn't absolutely sure that he would have a wonderfullife. The practical issue is "can you afford to move?" If Icould afford to move and could find another place I certainlywould. When I lived in downtown Chicago I discovered that thebldgs. that allowed animals had much nicer people in them than the onesthat didn't. Anyway its really good that you can keep him at yoursisters for now. Maybe someone on this forum would be hon ored to takehim and love him like you do. Sorry it turned out likr this . Themananger sounds like a jerk!!!

Some places forbid pets but if you find several other people in the apt. that have them, chances are you can too.

Many apts. allow cats, yet cats can do a lot of damage. Why they wouldallow cats but not, say, parakeets or guinea pigs is hard to fathom.

BTW, if it's necessary to surrender a rabbit, it's wise tothoroughly question the prospective parent to see how much they knowabout caring for rabbits, & what kind of conditions the rabbitwill be living in. (This is not a guarantee but can provide you withsome assurance.)

ohh that is sad that you have to keep mr lola atyour sisters home,but is still a comfort knowing he is with someonethat will take good care of him until you find somewhere else to liveand mr lola can live there too.

i know there are rules with some places that you cannot haveanimals,but it is only a bunny,they dont bark like a dog or meow like acat,a bunny is so quiet,and it is only one bunny geez.

ohh,i think some people should just mind their own business,and get onwith their own life and worry about their own living space,instead ofbeing childish and go dobbing to the landlord,some people have nothingbetter to do.

like i said bunnies make no noise at all,whats their problem?

I agree - the bun makes no noise, doesn't harmanyone...just bounces around and occasionally pees on me. ;-)Heck, I think my husband and son pee on the bathroom floor more than mybun pees on it.

The nice thing about my sister is that when we were growing up she hada bun for the longest time - so for her it's nice to rekindle that kindof caretaking. My sister's family are such animal lovers,it's great. The only problem is that they don't live in ahuge apartment (she's the manager of a senior building so she sets therules - lol) so Mr. Lola can't stay there for very long.

I'm hoping that he won't have to be there longer than a month - butshe's prepared to take care of him for however long it takes for us tofind a place that allows pets.

It's just really really sad coming home from work and not having himwaiting for me at the door of his cage. Or waking up in themorning to silence - not to him throwing his toys against the side ofthe cage or tearing up magazines. Thankfully, it's onlytemporary.

I keep telling my husband "Okay, so the manager says that we can't keepthe bunny - but they'll let us keep our iguana?" That makes zero senseto me. The manager loves iguanas, btw, and grew up aroundthem. But shouldn't he also know that iguana's get bigger,and start to roam outside the cage, and probably cause more damage thana bunny when he gets big enough to tear down things? :sigh:

I think it's ignorance, if you ask me. The manager doesn'tspeak very good english so it's hard for me to tell him that Mr. Loladoesn't do any damage (well, barely any...I won't show him the carpetin the corner of the living room. lol). I've tried having myhusband explain it to him because my husband speaks Spanish, too, butit's no use.

Soo...we are hard looking in Downey for a place that allows pets or atleast seems easy enough for us to have a pet without anyone botheringus. If we need to find an apartment upstairs somewhere wherenobody can see Mr. Lola - that would be ideal. I'm not belowsneaking my bun in. ;) He was bound to be seenwhere we live now because we live on the 1st floor and when our door isopen, you can see right in to the bun's cage (and sometimes him as he'srunning around).

~Tisha

im very sorry to hear about your stupidlandlord, but very happy to hear that you all are moving just for him:) that really shows your dedication as a bunny mom, and im sure he'llbe VERY happy to live with you guys again, once you're all moved andsettled. it's still a happy ending, even though your landlord stinksmajorly.

Oh, I am really sorry that Mr Lola has had to goto your sister's (beautiful bunny, btw). I am pleased she can keep himuntil you find somewhere else to live, but I can appreciate that isn'tgoing to be easy. I know what you mean about missing him coming togreet you :(. Hopefully, you'll be back together soon!

Jan

I know in Parts of California they cannotdiscriminate against a caged animal. If you ever face anything likethat agian. You can tell them he is kept in a cage. When the Managementcomes around put him in his cage. When they leave then free him. We hadcode enforcement once tell us that we would have to get rid of ourbird. Because the pet limit was 3. My husband told them thye could notdiscriminate against a caged animal, it was not considered the same asdog or cat. They contacted the local AC and found out my hubby wascorrect.

My buns are "contraband".:D Thelandlady could hardly say anything since several other tenants havecats, which is also against the lease.

Latest posts

Back