Mounting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
These little guys confuse me. If mounting is to show dominace, doesnt the dominant one get groomed? One of my rabbits will hump the over one all the time then continue to groom, like be a subordinate. Is this common or are my buns too young for a good pecking order?

are your bunn's boys? if they are they might not beable to tell you from a girl bunn.:D

my 7mth old neutered buck no longer mounts roxy doe. we have seen her mount him tho, something she never did to his predecessor.

rabbits:rollseyes

He has been doing it more now. He will actually chase them. Do you think he needs to be fixed now?

personally i would speak to a vet about having your bunnies neutered or spayed. this obviously depends on their age as they might be too young. it might also prevent the patter of lots of tiny paws:D

From what i know, they are all boys, yet there is the dwarf that is really hard to tell. I was at the vet and they said to bring them in when they are 6 months. I think they are around 2 right now, i am trying to get the whole feel for testi's down but have no idea what i am feeling for.

my rabbit-savvy vet doesnt neuter until 6 months or more. sounds like you have a good vet also!. the veterinary nurses where i go are also very good - useful if i cant see to trim bunny nails:biggrin2:

Back