Mother Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberts_rabbits_2008

Reaction score
Well I just got home nad it is very dark outsideas i was working for motorcross and i can't really tell if she had anyor not. She usually has them in the afternoon but i checkedat 4:00 and nothing yet but she was sitting on the nest. Isthat a sign that they should be comming because she didn't leave thenest until i gave her some food? Today is day 31 so i hope ifthey haven't arrived yet that they arrive soon. If I get upsoon enought in the morning i will post if they have arrived yet or notbut otherwise it won't be till after 3:00.

Thanks RObert

Looking forward to hearing about the babies, Robert. Let us know what you've discovered when you wake up.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Well nothing has happened yet.Hopefully today otherwise how long can they be pregnat?Unless i'm a week off i forgot to write it down but she started makinga next 2 weeks ago so she wouldn't have did that only One week prgnatwould she?

Robert

Hi Robert,

The gestation period is from 28-34 days. Most does litters arrive after the 31st day.

You want the doe to have time to get used to the nest box, but if it's placed too soon, she may start using it as a bathroom.

-Carolyn

Well i went back outside a little before 7 when igot back from uptown and she has had her babies already. Ifyou wish to hear more and i will keep the post Yay babbieshave arrived updated as much as possible. Thanks for all ofthe help Carolyn.

Robert

Oh Congratulations, Robert!! :dude: This is most excellent news!

Was surprised you don't use a nest box. With the cold temperatures youdescribe, it could provide extra insulation for them. Also, youwouldn't have to worry about the babies squirming out of the nest andending up where they shouldn't be. Have heard that does are more secureand feel more comfortable with one, but since no one can read arabbit's mind, that one's up for debate. Do as you see fit; justthought I'd mention it.

So it ended up being on Day 32 that she had her kits? Wonderful news! Congratulations again, Pop!

-Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn. I put wood up aroundthe back of the hutch so they cannot leave the back without beingcarried out until they get bigger. I hope that they all amke it as itsnot usually this cold when i ever breed and when it is i sometimes doloose kits.

~robert

Back