Mosquito season approaching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Once again those pesky lil monsters are soon tobeout in full throttle..here is the question I pose: Lastyear (PB years~pre-bunny)I purchased "plug-ins" very similarto the Glade thingamaboppers except the purpose is not to make my homesmell fresh and lovely but to deter mosquito's from entering my abode.Even though I have screens on every window they still find their wayin, are they safe to use now that I have hit the AB(after-bunny)years?

Cher

I have those glad thingers in my home and Megandoesn't seem to be botherd by them at all. Speaking of 'skeeters... onewas trying to attack me when I was outside earlier...lol pesky lilbuggers they are... what bugs me more than anything, is when you'retrying to sleep, and they get in your room and the buzz around yourear!!! Agh... that's HORRID! lol

ugh. i hate mosquitos...at work theother night, we killed a ton of them-including some massiveones. luckily, i havent been bit yet, im allergic & when theyget me it swells up alot & takes forever to stop itching.anyway, tomorrow is batmans neuter...:?

Does anyone know if buns can get the WEst NIleVirus. We have lots of people around here that get it and some pets butI never heard of a bun yet. I hate them for real and we live near alake. and no matter what we do we seem to have standing water in ouryard

batbunny wrote:
ugh. i hate mosquitos...at work the other night,we killed a ton of them-including some massive ones. luckily, ihavent been bit yet, im allergic & when they get me it swellsup alot & takes forever to stop itching. anyway, tomorrow isbatmans neuter...:?

Batman has been in my thoughts!!!! I just had to have arabbit put down due to testicular cancer -- you are doing the bestthing for Batman!!!

Pam

bunty wrote:
Doesanyone know if buns can get the WEst NIle Virus. We have lots of peoplearound here that get it and some pets but I never heard of a bun yet. Ihate them for real and we live near a lake. and no matter what we do weseem to have standing water in our yard

I think you'll find this site very informativehttp://www.avma.org/communications/brochures/wnv/wnv_faq.asp

Thank you so much. I just read it and it soundlike buns can get it. Two birds were found in our area lastyear and were positive and there were some peole with it. Iam worried for the dogs to. WE have two spaniels who are onheartworm meds. Our little English Cocker Spaniel counts our rabbitsand if a cage is empty he gets so upset like when we take one to thevet etc. When they are loose they chase him and love to hop over hisback undersupervision of course

I dont mean to pester here, but has anyone have an idea about these mosquito plug ins I am writing about?

Cher

People use "fly misters" in barns to reduce flystrike and warbles. I think the only caveat is not to "mist"the buns directly. Would not imagine a plug in, that was notharmful to cats/dogs/infants would be detrimental to arabbit. Does the label, or packaging(if in English! LOL) givea clue?

Geez, Pam, not another one? What a long, long streak of hardand difficult times. How old was he and what are the symptomsof testicular cancer, if you don't mind? Is it as "sneaky" and quick asuterine cancer? Does castration relatively insurethat our pets will not develop this insidious disease?

I can find statistics regarding uterine cancer, but have not found samefor testicular variety. Anything you can provide toilluminate the subject would be sincerely appreciated.

My condolences and sympathy to you, once again on your loss. :(

Buck

No sir, indeed there is no English to be seen!perchance I shall bring one to school on day and have it translated(although this seems to be quite the obvious thing to do, your postjust shone the light on it-I thank you :D)

Cher

Latest posts

Back