More Treat Advice Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BunnyMommy,

How about some regular parsley or some italian parsley?Cookie has taken such a liking to italian parsley that he almost turnshis nose up at the regular parsley now. We try to only givehim veggies or a little fruit as treats. What about a pieceor two of banana or apples...do you think that will take care of hissweet tooth?

BTW, we've had to cut back on his pellets also. I realizedthat if I saw his food bowl empty at bedtime, I would fill it...Ididn't want the poor little guy to starve to death.;) LittleCookieis starting to turninto a Cookie Chunk!

Wabbitwuv

WabbitWuv, Sherman just came runningtowards me and for the first time I saw it ... I thought ... Oh, mygoodness! :shock:... My little baby is a real littlepiglet! lol! He has really gainedweight!

I know that he loves regular parsley, haven't tried Italianparsley though. Will give it a try. I guess the keywith us is to just keep him off of the really sweet stuff, like theraisins, craisins, and definitely the yogurt drops (which he loves,loves, loves!).

He needs to start eating more of his Timothy hay too.I found that the more treats he got, the less hay he ate.

These bunnies, I tell you, you gotta love 'em! :)

That weight is ok. Some buns are pigsand will just eat and eat no matter how much you feed them.Others only eat when they are hungrey and stop when full. Wehave 45 polish and mini-rex. Some will clean out the dish andlook for more, while others always have some left. These guysare weighed every two weeks or every week in the winter and it isusually the ones who have food left over that maintain the sameweight. The pigs gain or lose and ounce or two.Netherland dwarfs should have about 1/4 cup of pellets per day tomaintain them at the correct weight, polish get 1/3 and mini-rex1/2. We have two new hollands, but they are still jrs. so arefree fed, but neither one seems to be starving and will turn out to besensible eaters instead of little piggies. Donna

You could try the dandilion flowers our bunnieslove them and acctually as much as they are a weed they are very goodfor both animals and humans we can seldome bring ourselves to eat themthough...My mom on the other had tells me stories often about how theyhad fried dandilions for a veggie when she was little it's just bittertasting to us but the bunns love them ours take the end of the stem andnibble them up like spaghetti with a prize at the end! it's funny, itwould work for the summer.

Good luck.

Depatie**** wrote:
You could try the dandilion flowers our bunnies love themand acctually as much as they are a weed they are very good for bothanimals and humans we can seldome bring ourselves to eat themthough...My mom on the other had tells me stories often about how theyhad fried dandilions for a veggie when she was little it's just bittertasting to us but the bunns love them ours take the end of the stem andnibble them up like spaghetti with a prize at the end! it's funny, itwould work for the summer.

Good luck.
Depatie, Sherman ADORES dandelion greens!:) In fact, he eats them just as you describe -- just likespaghetti! We love to watch him eat them. In fact,he's eating some right now.

BunnyMommy, while reading this post I just had animage in my mind I HAD to share with you about Sherman running towardsyou. Imagine him at full gallop,and you with treat in hand..he woulddressed in sumo attire, and then a full out chest smack down.He woulddaintily eat the treat out of your hand and walk away unphased, savefor the craisin crumbs on his chin,leaving you with a dumbstruck lookon your face wondering "what just happened?"

Sherman the SumoEliminator (of treats that is)

hahaha, sorry-very active imagination I suppose.

Cher

Latest posts

Back