More pics of Lennox and Silvie...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haxela

Reaction score
Happy, happy, happy am I! My two new american chinchilla does are finally here!

The are not littermates, but are technically, "cousins." And they're completely bonded. I'm prepared for any squabbles that take place, but so far so good. They were both born on May 10, 2007 so they're already pushing 8-9 months. But they're so beautiful, sweet, and...perfect!

I've named them Silver (Silvie) and Lennox. I was set to name the second doe something different, but when I saw her I knew that her name was going to be Lennox. They look very similar to one another, but Lennox is the smaller and more timid of the two.

I've set up their pen sans the top lid for the time being. I don't want them to feel cornered in - I want them to be comfortable before completely enclosing their pen. Silvie is definitely more brazen than Lennox. She has already been in the litter pan and has munched on some hay, drank water, and sniffed around her pellets. But Lennox hasn't been as active - she's just huddling in the back of the pen. I've heard them hopping about since coming downstairs, but I know she's probably feeling very afraid. The breeder said to just give them time to calm down and get acclamated, but it's hard. I just want them to be comfortable and to feel safe - I guess we'll get there in due time...

That being said, I've only managed to take a couple of pictures. I'm going to give them time to get used to their new surroundings before taking any other pictures. But I couldn't come online with nothing to show!

So, without further ado...introducing Silvie and Lennox!

Pair4.jpg

Pair1.jpg

Silvie...

Silvie1.jpg

Silvie5.jpg

Lennox...

Lennox.jpg

Lennox1.jpg

Aren't they just precious?! Oh, and if anyone can offer me suggestions on how to help them acclamate, that would be great!

I'm in love!

Awwww, they're beautiful! I'd love to help you with some tips, so I'll give it a shot. They may not be the best, but...;)

. Make sure you let your bunnies have some alone time, so they can get used to all of their new surroundings.

. Of course, contradicting the latter I typed - give lots of attention (after the initial first couple days). Maybe some gentle petting sessions or some grooming sessions if your rabbits so incline.

. Provide lots of hay, pellets, water...and maybe some toys for their entertainment.

. If you're interested, try out some harness walking to get them used to the outside world. ;)

Like I said, I gave a very basic guideline, but maybe it will come in handy. :)

They are sooo cute. :inlove:

Um...be sure you talk to them lots to get them use to you.I think talking helps a lot...and treats. ;)

Goodluck!

Awww yay! They're so cute! :D

They kind of look like a grey version of my Mouse lol...

The only thing I would suggest is as previous advice- make sure to leave them alone for a bit at firstso they can get used to their new surroundings, and talking and moving around quietly helps them get used to you and stops them getting scared so easily!

Congratulations! :dude:

Title is self-explanatory. Enjoy!

Len6.jpg
- Lennox

Len7.jpg
- Lennox

Len9.jpg
- Lennox

Len10.jpg
- Lennox

Len11.jpg
- Lennox

Silver.jpg
- Silvie

Silver1.jpg
- Silvie

Silver8.jpg
- Silvie

Silver12.jpg
- Silvie

Aren't they just so, so cute?! I love them!

I really appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions so far. I've been following all of the advice, but they're still seeming very stressed. Silvie's definitely been getting more comfortable, but I'm still a little concerned about both her and Lennox. I guess it'll just take some time.

Anyway, I picked them up to hold them and talk soothingly to them. And they did okay. Here's some pics of our little bonding session.

Girls1.jpg

Girls2.jpg

Girls5.jpg

Here's some more of Lennox.

Len.jpg

Len1.jpg

And, here are some more of Silver.

Silver5.jpg

Silver6.jpg

Silver9.jpg

Silver10.jpg

I'm so totally in love with these two girls. I hope they get more comfortable - 'cause they're staying with me!

What big eared sweeties!! It looks like Lennox is a little browner than Silvie, is that true? I like the names you picked for them too! I think Lennox just needs more time to settle, she's been with you less than a day :)

I'm heading off to bed, but wanted to come and briefly update. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll start a blog. But, nevermind - that's neither here nor there.

I went upstairs back to my bedroom and Lennox still looked petrified. I mean, really stressed and scared. So I fixed the pen so there's now a top. Since my dog sleeps with me, I figured I couldn't be too careful - especially with the new buns including one of which who is scared out of her mind. I also fed more hay (I'm not used to feeding bonded pairs and my amounts were off) andgave some banana and carrots as a treat. When Lennox was still shying away and shaking, it really upset me. So, here it is midnight and I'm thinking about what I could do to make her feel more at ease. I decided on putting a box in their pen. I cut a hole (and, seriously, I'm not used to having big buns either) that was large enough for them to get in and out of and hoped that would help her to feel more secure. And it did!

Only a minute after the box went in, both girls perked up. They were hopping on the box, in the box, around the box - you get the picture. Lennox even ate her treats and started poking around the pen. You have no idea how much better I feel right now...

So, both girls are settled for the night. They're actually doing something up there right now as I here a lot of scuffling from my bedroom. But that's a good thing. They also don't seem to mind my dog, but she's such an angel with the animals that I was never too worried. I'm just finally feeling like I can relax - had Lennox not perked up, I probably would've stayed up all night keeping an eye on her. But now I know they'll settle in and go to sleep when I do. Whew! And that's what I'm going to do right now!

You know, I do need my rest so I can start my awesome bunny blog(s) tomorrow! He he!

Back