More help with Chloe!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audrey

Reaction score
Chloe is a 9 or 10 week old Flemish giant doe, eating Kaytee Timothy hay and FortiDiet pellets

I'm a little worried about her...yesterday we were convinced she had gas, her tummy was firm and she had cut down on her eating significantly over the past few days...

When i was out getting her gas medicine and canned pumpkin, she apparently pooed a pile about the size of a soda can, and peed quite a bit also...she seemed to be feeling better but i gave her a dose of the gas medicine and about a tablespoon of pumpkin just in case...

Shes acting like she's feeling much better, hopping around and catching up on her eating

BUT

When i came down this morning the sweep up her poops and refill her food, i noticed she had very wet stools...

some were all watery, some had shape but were still quite mushy and soft...
i cut out all her treats for today, except for an alfalfa cube, and i gave her plenty of water, pellets and hay...

She seems to be eating and drinking just fine, but i'm still a little worried...

HELP?

Pumpkin occasionally causes loose poop in one of my rabbits.
I would just feed hay and water for at least a day and also give her a dose of benebac ( a probiotic)

if you have the little gel tubes you can give a whole tube
if you have the powder form for small mammals then read directions ( 1 level tsp for under 5 lbs and 2 level tsp for 5-10 lbs)
I would give about 1.5 level tsp of powder which you need to mix with something like maybe a tiny piece of banana . use measuring utensil for cooking and not just an ordinary tsp

just give her one dose today

I give at least a gram at a time. The little tubes I think are 1.5g and there is a large syringe form that has grams marked on the plunger.

she hasn't pooped in a while so i'm having a hard time telling if shes getting better or worse :/
she seems to be laying around alot, but then again, shes kind of a couch potatoe to begin with...

Audrey wrote:
Chloe is a 9 or 10 week old Flemish giant doe, eating Kaytee Timothy hay and FortiDiet pellets

I'm a little worried about her...yesterday we were convinced she had gas, her tummy was firm and she had cut down on her eating significantly over the past few days...

When i was out getting her gas medicine and canned pumpkin, she apparently pooed a pile about the size of a soda can, and peed quite a bit also...she seemed to be feeling better but i gave her a dose of the gas medicine and about a tablespoon of pumpkin just in case...

Shes acting like she's feeling much better, hopping around and catching up on her eating

BUT

When i came down this morning the sweep up her poops and refill her food, i noticed she had very wet stools...

some were all watery, some had shape but were still quite mushy and soft...
i cut out all her treats for today, except for an alfalfa cube, and i gave her plenty of water, pellets and hay...

She seems to be eating and drinking just fine, but i'm still a little worried...

HELP?
if you have a farm supply store near by,,probios-(benebac)-large tube(30gram)-$8./.the diet should be 70%hay-ie.(timothy-orchard grasses).be conservitive on the pellets,,a small amount daily will provide necessary vitamins and nutrition,//,hay being the main staple is nondiigestible fiber-keeps the teeth busy and gi tract happy,,now it is debatable how much pellets,,a quality lowfat pellet-maybe as much as a half a cup-daily--and watch the poops/there is a website very informative about this problem http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html --sincerely james waller:wave::rose:this website deals with coccidiosis

She's ben nibbling hay and her pellets here and there, not with as much gusto as she usually does, but that understandable with an upset tummy...
Shes been pooping too, about at an even pace with her eating...its still a little softer than it should be, but its much much better than with this morning...
I fed her a dose of the probiotic around three today [[the powdered kind]]

That sounds better. It may take a while for her to get back to normal, but as long as she's eating and pooping, and it's getting better instead of worse, I wouldn't worry.

She has gotten SO much better in the last few hours :)
i was really worried there for a while, but shes been up and active for about an hour and a half now and is apparently making up for her downtime lol
She's been running and binkying like crazy, so i'm not too worried about her anymore :)
Her poos are still a bit softer than what they should be, but i might follow up with another probiotic tomorrow just to make sure...good or bad idea?

Latest posts

Back