More health problems for Thumpy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubastisMom

Reaction score
I posted a few weeks ago about my bunny Thumpy having some heavy breathing issues. After that I found a rabbit vet and took him in, got x-rays, etc. and they gave him a clean bill of health. He didn't seem to have anything wrong, just breathing heavily because of moving to a new apartment.

Yesterday he started sneezing a lot, though, and I'm worried about him again. He's been sneezing pretty frequently, maybe a couple times and hour, which a few sneezing fits where he sneezes for about a minute and then cleans his face. There's no nasal discharge and he seems to be eating regularly, but he's spending most of his time lying next to Bubastis (my other bunny) instead of playing.

Could he just have a cold, or does this seem like a more serious problem? Maybe I'm just worrying about it too much since he just had these other medical issues. It hasn't been going on for very long, but none of my rabbits have ever really gotten a cold before and I'm not sure how common that is.

Thanks!

You said you recently moved which could definitely be a change in the environment. If it's just one day he's been sneezing and there isn't any discharge (be sure to look at the inside of his "wrists" as they will wipe their nose there and you may see discharge there instead), I would personally wait at least a few more days to see how it progresses. It could just be he's in a dusty area or you're at the bottom of your pellets or hay and that's dusty. It could also be an allergy.

BubastisMom wrote:
I posted a few weeks ago about my bunny Thumpy having some heavy breathing issues. After that I found a rabbit vet and took him in, got x-rays, etc. and they gave him a clean bill of health. He didn't seem to have anything wrong, just breathing heavily because of moving to a new apartment.

Yesterday he started sneezing a lot, though, and I'm worried about him again. He's been sneezing pretty frequently, maybe a couple times and hour, which a few sneezing fits where he sneezes for about a minute and then cleans his face. There's no nasal discharge and he seems to be eating regularly, but he's spending most of his time lying next to Bubastis (my other bunny) instead of playing.

Could he just have a cold, or does this seem like a more serious problem? Maybe I'm just worrying about it too much since he just had these other medical issues. It hasn't been going on for very long, but none of my rabbits have ever really gotten a cold before and I'm not sure how common that is.

Thanks!
animals sneeze for the same reasons we do,so be observant of his habitat environment,stay with a good diet of grasses,some pellets and water,-watch other tail-tell signs of a problem,-rabbits are stress animals which may trigger health concerns,-ie.pasturella--sincerely james waller:big wink::p

Thank you guys. I'll keep an eye on him and see if it changes or gets worse. As far as I can tell, there's no nasal discharge on his paws, either, so that's a good sign.

Latest posts

Back