more babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnnora2

Reaction score
Hi all, I havent been on for abit as I have been really busy. Also because I was ashamed to say my daughter mistakenly put my buck and doe together while cleaning their hutches when my does last litter were just 3 weeks. She didnt tell me until I started to see nesting behaviour in my rabbit. Anyway. She now has 4 baby kits who are 5 days old today and are absolutely gorgeous. I am now keeping the rabbits totally separate from each other and will not be bringing my does cage anywhere near the bucks cage. I just thought Id post some pics of the new babies. I am keeping 2 and have homes for the other 2 so dont have to worry about homing them. She actually gave birth to 5 kits but one was born dead and slightly deformed. I have kept the nestbox out of her cage as on the first night she scratched inside the box resulting in one of the babies being pushed out onto the cage floor. Im planning on putting them all back in with her tomorrow when I am off work so I can watch her reaction to them. She has fed them well when I put her on top of them to feed. They are all coming along nicely but I know it wont be long until the light coloured one in particular climbs out of the nest box as this one seems to venture away from the others the most. My doe will not be bred again although I feel blessed to have experienced her pregnancies and kits.:bunnybutt:

2013-04-02 17.46.10.jpg

2013-04-02 17.46.23.jpg

2013-04-02 17.46.50.jpg

2013-04-02 17.47.18.jpg

2013-04-02 17.47.47.jpg

2013-04-02 17.48.13.jpg

They certainly are adorable babies! They are all cute but I especially love that last picture! :inlove: Too cute!

They are absolutely gorgeous, that last picture is too cute. yes, keep the pics coming, I love seeing this tiny little creatures begin to look like our furry bunnies.

Aww, bless them, they are adorable. Hope they all continue to grow well :)

Latest posts

Back