Monty, my [big] baby bunny 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a sweetie, she´s a lucky bunny.

Hope you´re well Missy and things are looking up for you. Hope Monty her usually gorgeous self as well lol.

Congrats on having Monty as rabbit of the month!!!

I know when things get tough its nice to kind of take a step back and hide from things. Atleast thats how I feel! Hopefully we'll see some updates when things get a little better!!! Sending you warm wishes and strength from here!!!

Monty is being an awesome bunny, as usual. She has a playpen now, and gets to hop freely in it whenever she wishes during the day when I'm home. She likes to snuggle, eat, and be a bunny. Yesterday when I got home from work, I somehow got her into her harness and then distracted her from it by letting her investigate my non-bunny-proofed apartment. She did a very good job! She listens when I say "out" (backs up a step and then goes back to something "safer"), and we practiced stepping outside my front door into the hall. I'm on the top floor and there's a skylight, so I think she liked seeing the bright sunshine. Today I let her explore all the way to the bedroom to wake up Beardyman, and he really liked that. She's hilarious when she's being cautious.

Her first out-of-comfort-zone flop yesterday, after exploring on and off over 4 hours.
969479_10200182827245157_204387466_n.jpg

After this morning's adventure, she flopped here for a nap while I was on the couch:
1173630_10200185191904272_1296845259_n.jpg

A couple days ago, stretched out in her playpen. Laying next to her is a 6" by 24" gridded ruler that I use for quilting.
1016411_10200151593504333_1147646920_n.jpg

For now, she's napping in her crate. I closed it when she was eating her breakfast pellets so I can get some much-needed relaxation done without hopping up to follow her when she decides to go for another round of exploration. My lower back was really sore yesterday after following her around and stooping so many times to give her treats (just pellets). I'm really super mentally spent lately, working short shifts several days in a row and feeling like I barely have any time for myself. I was supposed to be off yesterday too, but my manager asked me to come help with stocking at 6am (to be clear, though, she asked me the day before, haha). I felt dumb right after I said yes, but I didn't change my answer because I neeeeeeeeed the money so badly that I'm not in a place to refuse extra shifts.

Hope you liked the little update. I have dozens of f'n adorable pics of Monty that I so want you guys to see, but uploading is not something I'm in the mood to fiddle with right now. It's easy, but I also need to clear them all from my phone and back them up on my computer, then make a folder of just Monty pics on it so I can show her off when I'm out and about. People are definitely mystified when I say I have a giant bunny. A giant, litter-trained, GOOD bunny that I allow to run around inside a playpen in my living room. <3

Also: It's worth mentioning that I'm VERY active on Instagram now. Or rather, Monty is. I post a ton of pics of her daily under the username sysdown143 . I'm going to devise a new name soon, though, because this account is more bunny stuff than me stuff :p

Last edited:
I am glad of the update. I have been wondering how the two of you are. I absolutely love seeing all the pics of pretty Monty. I enjoy seeing all buns but have a special place in my heart for the big ones.

Great pics, she´s such a a gorgeous girl. I´ve been following you on facebook so have seen most of them but I never tire of seeing her. I´m always amazed how big she is and I´m used to seeing her now but mine are so small.

Hey, nite that I have the android app I'm hoping that I'll make more updates, seeing as how all of the pics are taken with my phone anyhow. Of course that gets a bit boogered up when I fly away on Wednesday to visit Seattle for a week. Monty will be boarded at the pet store I got her from. Nominal cost and awesome staff in an environment she already knows.
Attached a pic of Monty and her huge fluffy paw. I love snuggling with her in the early mornings when I don't have anywhere to be, but can't sleep.

~ Holy Hand Grenade, that's a huge bunny!

1377541080351.jpg

What a great photo, I must look for this app as I take most of my photos with the phone as well. She is even more gorgeous up close and personal lol.

Today we fly away to Seattle. It felt really weird to drop Monty off for boarding, but she'll be well cared for and loved. I let her investigate my luggage this morning during a quick romp through the apartment.

1377712276996.jpg

Have a great time in Seattle, reminds me of Sleepless in Seattle, that the only way I know it lol. By the way, one of my all time favourites.

Love all the pics, that last one is great with her ears pricked up.

Not sure if my previous picture loaded...dang. I miss my baby bunny a ton! I bought her a tiny plush bunny (pictured sitting on my skinny knees). And I'll try the museum pic again. Omg, can't wait to get home and snuggle the bejesus out of Monty!

1378140382808.jpg

1378140402945.jpg

Flying home today. I'm not ready! But I'm so ready to get my baby bunny back! Sadly, we're landing in the late evening so we can't get to the store while it's open until tomorrow. You better believe I'm retrieving Monty ASAP. <3

I hope you had a fun trip! I'm sure Monty's going to be overjoyed to see you and will love her new bunny friend :)

Back